worst purchase you have made?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
Hehehe when i set up my first african tank i was a little undereducated about them.

i put two auratus in with yellow labs and cyno afras. in a 33 gallon.

YIKES!

terrorized all my other fish to one corner of the tank. luckily i got them out of there before any damage was done.

:D

1tankneverenuff

CephHead
Feb 13, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
Fish: Pike Cichlid, kept every single fish in the 33g in seperate corners. He truly owned the tank.

Product: Haven't had any bad ones so far.

Fast Food: I find it to be horrible all in itself. Granted it's convenient, but it doesn't come close to out weighing all the negatives of the industry.

snakeskinner

AC Members
Dec 27, 2003
Oklahoma
www.okcaa.org
worst fish: gold gourami, won't allow any new fish in "his" tank. chases them relentlessly.

worst product: Rid-Ich, killed every fish I treated it with

worst fast food: Carls Jr. "hamburger". More like old crusty boot sole on bread.

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
Worst products: Sachem canisters (can you say chronic air-lock?), early Fluval external canisters (ditto, plus extremely rapid wear), and the notorious battery powered or hand powered vacuums - they are a write-off.

Worst fish: SE Asian bred dwarf Gouramis, Neons, or Rams. They should be classified as weapons of biological warfare IMHO.

Michael Roth

Minister of Lurking
Nov 28, 2002
Calgary Alberta
www.maximumconcepts.ca
Products? Nothing I have bought has really let me down, but I cheat, and read what others use.

Fast food? KFC kills me.

Fish, well here is the kicker. I was yet to come here, and was told by the LFS that an Alligator Gar and a Tiger Shovelnose would be *great* fish for a 90 gallon.

Anyone want a couple BIG fish?

Oh yeah, its cold in winter in Calgary, ponds won't do. Plus, hard to explain why nieghbourhood kids and cats are disappearing...

I do a LOT of water changes

bozco

AC Members
Dec 4, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Fish: Cabbot the Tiger Barb murdered fellow tiger barbs Master Tubby and Fundy, only after torturing them for months. Then started to shred my gorgeous angel. Peaceful my butt! Never trust a chain store. Cabbot died in a terrible "accident" the angel fish has since made a full recovery and has moved to a bigger tank.

Product: Petcetera 10 gal starter kit. I ran it for a week and had to replace the valves, the filter tubes on the UGF were too tall and I had to trim them down so they'd stay under water. The air pump grew progressivly louder until it fizzled, popped, and died a month after the tank was set up and the canopy doesn't fit the tank properly. And it has warped so the glass doesn't sit in it right, allowing moisture to get at the lights.

Fast food: More of an experiance than a product. I remember when they changed the fry names at mcdonalds. Dad had three hungry kids in the back of the minivan and he was trying to order meduim fries and the person kept insisting that they no longer had medium. He asked what they did have and the person replied "We have small, large, and super large!" My dad snapped.
We don't eat at McD's anymore. Its gross, we got much better places for fast food here.

johnnyxxl

fishy friend of many
Mar 1, 2004
western NC
Visit site
um bad fish, the blue gouramis I got from petsmart, when I was younger and had a tank of small live bearers,

bad product, filter from walmart some bad air powered hob deal that prob didn't work to start with.

bad fast food um went to a taco bell had foil in the taco. Complained didn't even get a ****** refund just a new taco. Could have sued them if I had the money.

musky48in

AC Members
Feb 24, 2004
La Crosse
Visit site
Fish: Bala sharks. Before I knew better I was told at Petsmart that 4-5 would be great for my 46g. Opps.. They got really big and kept me up at night with some weird noise that they do at night.

Product: Fruval 304 that leaked from the very fist day. It caused me so many headaches that I quit keeping fish for three years. I am just starting again and I just bought a eheim 2026. I can't even hear the thing running. I love it already.

Food: Chipped a tooth from a bone in my taco at Taco Bell.

Hound

AC Members
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
Ok, worst fish. Um, well none actually. I tend to research way to much before I buy any.

Worst product. I have to say an Airtech airpump made by Pennplax. It works ok, but when I took it home and hooked it up it was louder than my computer which has 6 cooling fans.

Worst fast food. Um, well Dominos pizza.

JesseJ

You should be dancin'
Jan 22, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
Worst Fish: Celebes Rainbow. I bought a breeding trio at my fish club's auction. The male died 2 days later, the females 4 and 7 days later. I have other rainbows that have similar requirements and they have survived for 5+ months in the same tank.

Worst Product: Liquid Algae Destroyer. I got it long before I knew what I was doing. It didn't do anything.

Me: I've got Algae.
LFS person: Try this wierd, milky chemical.
Me: Ok.

Worst food: I've got a strong stomach and food almost never makes me sick. The only thing I can remember was back when I was 8 I got a burger and fries at a restaurant and the burger was so badly burnt I started throwing up before I'd eaten half of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store