worst purchase you have made?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Must4ng s4lly

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Houston
Visit site
Caught an alligator gar in a 300 foot seine when they ( the seine)were legal in Texas. The gar was five feet long! LOL! Caught a bunch of specs (speckled trout) too! Yum! Anyway, worst purch was a dwarf Puffer that terrorized a 60 gal tank. He was big & fat & I got $2 on a trade in LOL! same as I paid for his fat behind.....

Worst fast food was a Texas Burger from the restaurant of the same name. YUKKO! The beef was spoiled and it got my whole family sick.... I wonder why they are all out of Busisness now????
God save the "Queen" Dairy Queen that is!

lol!!

Worst product was...some fizzy tablets to correct everything in the tank... can't remember the name, but what a joke!

case_rums

AC Members
Nov 9, 2003
CT
Visit site
Worst fish: serpae tetra.

Fast food: Pizza hut stuffed crust pizza. Had me ralphing all night, when I was a kid. At summer camp no less!

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
Worst fish was a Tiger shovelnose I bought for my 55 because I was told it would be great catfish for that size tank. Beatiful fish, had to be sold when he became longer than the tank.

Worst product was probably the notorious Penn Plax heaters, I never tried the batteryy powered gravel vac's though.

Food poisoning twice from Big Mac's, but the worst tasting would have to be a bacon egg and cheese sandwich from White Castle's

happychem

redorkulated
Dec 9, 2003
Halifax, NS
Visit site
fish: common pleco, thanks lfs (insert JesseJ's quote here but with fish instead of milky liquid). At least they took care of the algea, but way too big for a little 10g!!!

product: any of that snake oil they sell poor, unsuspecting rookies

fast food: McDonalds, ugh! low quality, and yet sometime I still crave a BigMac, it must be the cocaine they stick in the food

vaheelsfan

AC Members
May 23, 2003
Stuarts Draft, VA
Visit site
Worst Fish: Giant Danios. I had one green barred danio that had been doing fine in my 55 gallon tank for a few months and had been waiting to see some more in a pet store to get him company. But, nobody ever got any and I figured figured since the giant danio looked a lot like him they would school and what not. As soon as they went in he took over the whole tank and would swim as fast as possible from one end to the other, keeping ALL of the fish in the corner, including my four buenos aires which were bigger than him. In turn, the other fish would fight to see who got to keep the corner. The green barred died 3 days later while I was trying to decide what to do with him. I guess he had a heart attack or something.

Worst Product: A Whisper hang on the tank heater I got that wouldn't keep the temp steady for the first three days I had it. It was either at 68 or 84. I finally got it to stay at 76 after I spent a whole day tinkering with it.

Worst Fast Food: Taco Bell Chicken Burrito. First bite, "Wow, they didn't cook this rice long enough, it's kind of crunchy." Second bite, "Wow, this very, very large piece of rice sure looks a lot like a piece of broken chicken bone."

kevinfishboy

AC Members
Feb 7, 2004
rockford
Visit site
The woarst fish I ever bought would have to be a Red devil when I bought the little guy he was 2inches long then with in a mounth he already out grew my 20g plus it was my fault any ways I didn't do any reaserch on him and he terrorized my 55g so I had to get rid of him at my LFS 2months ago

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store