worst purchase you have made?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Watcher74

Senior N00b
Feb 5, 2004
Texas
Visit site
Fish: Pearl Gourami. Beautiful fish but I wanted a peaceful community tank. At the LFS is was the only gourami labeled as docile. Found on the internet that it was a good community fish. Bull****. Shredded all the fins off my angelfish Ted. Only 1 rule for my fish. You mess with Ted, you're gone.

Product: Fish observatory for my step daughter. Piece of crap torture device. Lasted 1 month before I got her a real tank.

Fast Food: Pizza Hut. Ate a pizza there that gave me bloating so bad I couldn't sleep for three nights. Finally got rid of it by intentionally overdosing on Gas-X. Got rid of the gas but still had pain because it had bruised my intestines. I don't eat pizza anymore.

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
www.tomwalkerportraits.com
Worst Fish: Clown Pleco. I've seen him twice in the past month. I didn't realize they were quite so reclusive when I bought him. Should have stuck with my gut and bought a bristlenose.

Worst Product: Gotta be the battery operated vacuum. 100% useless and incredibly loud.

Worst Fast Food: Pizza Hut...twice. First time a local one delivered pizza with noticeably bad cheese (it wreaked). We called, they sent another. Still bad. This time we drove back to return it. Manager says "The cheese is good. I just opened a fresh pack that's well inside the expiration date!" Aparently his nose didn't work.

Second time I went to the lunch buffet at work. This caused several sudden and panicked trips to the rest room hours later. Its amazing how hard it is to run when clenching your butt cheeks.

Tom

Heetseeker

AC Members
Apr 8, 2004
Iowa, USA
Visit site
Worst fish: well, not really a bad fish, just wasn't ready at the time. I had a 25g tank that had died off (newly ex-girlfriend retribution) and was sitting empty but cycled. Went fishing and decided it would be neat to toss in a blue-gill and see how long it would live. this caused me to very quickly invest in a lot of money of filters and bigger tanks. Wasn't a bad fish, but it sure "forced" me to invest a lot more $$$ into my hobby!

Worst product: The Sandman filter. I didn't know that pumping sand into a tank is supposed to clean it!!

Worst fast food: Golden Wok chinese. Got some at work for lunch one day and spent the rest of the 24hr shift shunned by my crew. If you think running is hard clenching your butt, try fighting a fire!!

Filter

AC Members
Apr 8, 2004
Visit site
Worst fish. Powder blue gourami's. They are so agressive. I have 2 and they fight like mad. I wanna take one back, but how? I don't wanna just give it to them.

Best fish. Gold gourami. He's AWESOME!!!!!!! So friendly. Plays with everyone. Cleans the tank. Him and my flying fox. I love em.

koobz

AC Members
Jan 19, 2003
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Visit site
Worst Fish: I have to agree with the people that mentioned Gourami's. They are mean. But when we started out we bought a freshwater puffer after being told it would do well in a community tank. He sure was cool to look at but took him back the next day after seeing all the other fish had their tails bitten off.

Worst Purchase: Fluval 404. I hate them. Period.

Worst Food. Taco John's. Had some kinda shredded rat meat burrito that felt like someone punched me in the tubbaguts!

mickeymacleod

AC Members
Mar 30, 2004
British Columbia, Canada
Visit site
Worst fish: haven't had one yet.

Worst product: hanging heater I got with first tank. Thing never worked right, could never keep a constant temperature.

Worst food: once had a sandwich at the Saddledome (in Calgary)...was sick for three days.

Bustedthumb

AC Members
Feb 21, 2004
cliff-pics.com
Worst fish: Bluegill. I was new and inexperienced...put a small amount of lake water into my tank. Never got the algea under control again...wound up getting rid of the tank.

Worst product: liquid algea buster something-or-other. Lethal to fish, harmless to algea.

Worst fastfood: They all suck, but I'm too lazy to cook, so I eat it anyway.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store