Would this tank be overstocked?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
Hey gafro :)
AaAdvisor is advising :) white mountain minnow do fine, no need to change anything on their part
I do agree the male betta should be removed from this tank and put in a 5/10 g tank but the female will be relatively fine
I agree you should add a couple more male guppies :)
and I don't think the pleco needing wood is a necessary thing, but maybe it is

nice setup by the way *thumbs up* I'm sure things will work out ;)

but this is just my sort of input into the discussion, someone out there will have more experience than me.

also lovely fish ;) gorgeous betta,

EDIT: 20 neons maybe?

gafro

AC Members
Nov 6, 2010
Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England
Real Name
Gus
if i remove the male betta, will he be ok in a 7 gallon with a block moor, and orange platy and a dwarf puffer? (i know black moors are coldwater, but he used to just lie on the bottom breathing heavily so i tried putting a heater in the tank and now seems to be doing great. And surprisingly he doesnt bother the DP althought he does like the odd cherry shrimp shrimp as a treat :D)

ravenpb226

AC Members
May 10, 2010
North Beach, MD
Real Name
Allen
you should probably get a bigger tank for the black moor

ravenpb226

AC Members
May 10, 2010
North Beach, MD
Real Name
Allen
Has the Dwarf puffer nipped at any of the fins of the other fish in that tank?

And it wont get much bigger in that size tank, its growth will be stunted and it will have internal organ problems because the organs keep growing while the rest doesn''t. 7 gallons seems way too small for the fish you have in there

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
You will need to get a larger tank for the black moor (at least a 20g) and the puffer will harrass/kill the betta. A 7g with a betta, a platy, and a puffer is pretty heavily stocked. I am not sure, but you might be able to get away with only a betta and a platy.

ravenpb226

AC Members
May 10, 2010
North Beach, MD
Real Name
Allen
Try going on to aqadvisor.com and putting in what you have, it'll give you an idea of how your tank is stocked and you can play around with adding fish. there is no 7 gallon on there, but you should be able to put in measurements

gafro

AC Members
Nov 6, 2010
Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England
Real Name
Gus
the platy doesnt belong to me, its in my tank because it was lying on the bottom in my dads tank. when i first put it in mine it looked fine but now its lying on the bottom so i dont think it gonna be here for much longer :'(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store