Your Experience with Dwarf Gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

How long did your Dwarf Gourami Live?

• Died within the first week

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Died within the first month

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Died within the first six months

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Died within the first year

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Was still going strong after a year

Votes: 21 34.4%

• Total voters

boet

AC Members
May 27, 2007
Alaska
I purchased one male and one female Dwarf Gourami wild color at the same time about 6 months ago from PetZoo and have kept them in my 29 gal planted along with WCMM, cories, otos and currently a pair of Samurai Gourami. They bred babies at least 3 times for me.

A couple weeks ago we had a power outage that lasted almost 14 hours. A wood stove was keeping us and the aquariums warm along with blankets and I had the canister filters unplugged and ready to rinse out when power came back.

Not sure if the power outage had something to do with it or.....but my Male Dwarf began showing signs of dropsy and stopped eating. I tried peas and later a mild salt quarantine. He died 2 days ago. The female is a bit too chubby (but always has been it seems) and now she is not eating and hides from me or else stays in one corner. I saw her come out very quickly when I fed the fish today so I am crossing my fingers she is OK. I really like her. All the other fish appear healthy and active.

Here are a couple pictures of my Male and tending his nest.

dwarfmale(Small).jpg gnest (Small).jpg

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store