my black shark keeps attackin my betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwspear76

American By Birth,Soldier By Choice
Jul 5, 2006
Bushnell Illinois
www.geocities.com
holy cow it seems to me that you are a bit overstocked, and on top of that Lupin offered you good advise and you laughed at him here is a little news flash buddy BLACK SHARKS ARE MODERATELY AGGRESSIVE not suitable for inhabititating a tank with a betta. And you should probably stop adding fish to the big tank so they all have plenty of room to swim around. Think about it like this, Just because you can fit 6 people in a Volkswagen does not mean you should, same goes for your aquarium, just because you can stuff it to overflowing woth fish dosent mean you should :headshake2:

call me elmo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2008
erm dude
1st i wasnt laughing at his advice.. i was laughing at that ive gone off and broght a fish thats guna try killing everything
2nd its got 3 fish in it rite now
3rd my big tank isnt all that full and could use another fish in it since one of our bigger sharks died the other day cause of water changes

Lady Ns

Critter Crazy
Sep 27, 2007
Australia
Real Name
Phae
Our largest tank isn't over stocked, never has been. All the fish have plenty of room to swim, lots of places to hide and they all get their fair share of food. Even if some of them do get too large, some of them are capable to go into a pond or get moved into a spare tank we have.
We both know Black Sharks can be aggressive, we've seen it in Red-Finned and Red-Tail Black Sharks, just wasn't sure what fish Black Sharks are more prone to attack. When it does go into our largest tank, it will still be too small to be of threat and so far, no other fish of the Labeo group has beaten the Red-Tail.
As for the advise Lupin gave, it is good and I happen to have alot of respect for him, as does Call Me Elmo.

We do not overstock our tanks, we do not just go out and buy what ever fish we want, stuff them into an overcrowded tank and expect them to be all good and happy like, just because we can. Our fish might be large and some of you might consider our tank too small just because it's in litres, but they're all happy how they are and very comfortable. There hasn't been a fish added to the 185gal/700L tank in roughly six months, if not more.

We've kept fish for four years, mightn't be as long as some of you have kept them for, but we research any fish we don't know about and then decide if we should really get them or not.
The fish are happy and healthy, the tank is free of disease and they get fresh veg and live food once a week.
If we can, we'll post a pic of our largest tank for you to have a look.

call me elmo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2008
our tanks bigger than yours and we hav less fish in it and were over stocking?
you really dont know anything do you

rwspear76

American By Birth,Soldier By Choice
Jul 5, 2006
Bushnell Illinois
www.geocities.com
our tanks bigger than yours and we hav less fish in it and were over stocking?
you really dont know anything do you
you have to look at the sizes of my fish brainiac, danios, and neons are very small, blue 3 spot gouramis arent large, my fully grown adult angels arent huge. Im not talking abolut fish that get more than 6 inches, you are. And I am counting at least 22 fish in you large tank that will get much larger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store