Trouble with stocking a 60 Gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

steakygraves

AC Members
May 14, 2020
Hello ? I’m relatively new to fish keeping, but my fish are like my kids and I spend a ridiculous amount of time and effort caring for them. I’d like to think I know a pretty good amount about what I’m doing at this point. Now that that’s established, I recently upgraded my 30 gallon angelfish tank to a 60 gallon because of them beginning to outgrow it, and wanting to give them a true planted natural environment with a good amount of other fish. These were the first fish I ever got, along with 5 tiger barbs and a dwarf gourami. They were a gift from my mom who didn’t know anything about fish keeping at the time, so the mix is definitely odd. They’ve never had any problem and they all get along very nicely. Now that they’re in a new tank I really want to add other fish but i’m not sure what would work nicely with them considering the ideal temperature and water parameters. I’d like to have a few larger fish if that’s an option, as well as smaller, but i’m open to any idea if you have any.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
How many angel fish are you keeping in the 60g?

Keep in mind angels get big. Like saucer sized or larger.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Welcome to AC!

What are the dimensions of your 60G aquarium? How many Angelfish do you currently have?

Reactions: steakygraves

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
I see some issues forming. Is there any chance you could keep the 30 gallon up and running?
Tiger barbs are fin nippers. I've had them rip my angel to shreds. It still hasn't recovered in 6 months. :(
The dg may or may not work with angels. Some have issues other don't. Id but the barbs and dg in the 30 as their forever home.
As for the 60 gallon I'd like to know how many angels you have.
What are the dimensions of the 60?
What substarte do you have?
What light do you have?

Reactions: steakygraves

steakygraves

AC Members
May 14, 2020
I see some issues forming. Is there any chance you could keep the 30 gallon up and running?
Tiger barbs are fin nippers. I've had them rip my angel to shreds. It still hasn't recovered in 6 months. :(
The dg may or may not work with angels. Some have issues other don't. Id but the barbs and dg in the 30 as their forever home.
As for the 60 gallon I'd like to know how many angels you have.
What are the dimensions of the 60?
What substarte do you have?
What light do you have?
Fortunately i’ve had no problems with any of them and i’ve had them all together for over a year now. They’re a happy family. I’ve read a lot about the barbs being nippers but for some reason they haven’t harmed anything. I’m not sure if the tank dimensions off the top of my head but it’s a thinner one and taller for viewing, It’s still very long though. I have dark black gravel substrate and there will be shrimp plant growth ball things in particular areas where i’m going to be planting things. The light is a 36-48 inch NICREW led plus light. Also, I only have 2 angel fish. I’d say their body is about 3.5/4 inches not including fins as of now.

steakygraves

AC Members
May 14, 2020
Welcome to AC!

What are the dimensions of your 60G aquarium? How many Angelfish do you currently have?
I’m not sure if the exact dimensions but I attached a stock photo of it. It’s a marine land one from petsmart. Also I only have two angelfish. I considered adding more but they have been together as a pair for quite some time and i’m worried that adding others would stress them out since they are getting to be on the bigger side, and i’ve read that they can pair off and attack others.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Fortunately i’ve had no problems with any of them and i’ve had them all together for over a year now. They’re a happy family. I’ve read a lot about the barbs being nippers but for some reason they haven’t harmed anything. I’m not sure if the tank dimensions off the top of my head but it’s a thinner one and taller for viewing, It’s still very long though. I have dark black gravel substrate and there will be shrimp plant growth ball things in particular areas where i’m going to be planting things. The light is a 36-48 inch NICREW led plus light. Also, I only have 2 angel fish. I’d say their body is about 3.5/4 inches not including fins as of now.
A year and only 4'?? they could be stunted. Do you have nay pics? Im glad there are no problems. Is the grave nutrient substrate? Your llight should be good.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I don't see a pic of the tank, maybe you need to have a couple more posts before it shows?

If you don't have a tape measure, use a dollar bill to measure the length x width x height and we can help you figure it out. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store