Couple questions...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dub*c

Tha Shadiest 1
Apr 26, 2007
Hey guys! so heres whats new, the tank hasnt done too much but i got a carpet anemone and a small clownfish from a buddy the other day. He was downsizing and gave me the anemone for free and i purchased a ocelaris from a LFS the same day and introduced them to the tank yesterday. The clown isnt hosting yet but its curious of it. Both ate earlier today. I gave the clown frozen brine shrimp and the anemone a krill. Im not to sure what kind of carpet anemone it actually is but i will post pics as soon as i find out how. lol. Its looking really healthy and happy (from my opinion) no ripped oral disk, nice llking tentacles and when its fully open like usually is, its about 5 inches across the center. The tank hasnt cycled yet and I know these critters will cause an ammonia and nitrite spike but im going to do 1/4 water changes every other day to help keep the levels low.

mrtuskfish

AC Members
Jul 13, 2007
Add a good SW test kit to your shopping list. It can easily take 6 weeks to fully cycle a new tank; and constant testing (ammonia,nitrite, then nitrates) is a must; especially if you keep a hardy fish or two during the cycle period. If you decide cycle with fish, rather than "ghost feed"; remember--you're still stuck with the fish. Our hobby has zillions of people who have gone nuts trying to get unwanted damsels out of their tank---but if you like them; they are hardy and pretty, in spite of being very aggressive. Good luck, and keep us posted!

dub*c

Tha Shadiest 1
Apr 26, 2007
The levels were still very low when i introduced the ocelaris and the anemone to the tank.

dub*c

Tha Shadiest 1
Apr 26, 2007
i figure 1/4 water change every other day for a week will keep the levels low but i wont be able to keep track of the cycle. so after a week, if the levels keep rising, ill keep doing water changes.

dub*c

Tha Shadiest 1
Apr 26, 2007
it looks fine right now, fully open, light brown in color, tentacles look good, only moved about half and inch from where i put it.

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
I think you'll be okay. that tank just won't cycle will it?!! hehe. you'll be okay in no time. :)

dub*c

Tha Shadiest 1
Apr 26, 2007
nice, thought so but its good to hear it from u guys. thanks ill keep u guys posted

dub*c

Tha Shadiest 1
Apr 26, 2007
well i woke up this morning and found my ocellaris dead behind some rocks:( but the anemone is fine. it moved to a lower place on the rocks but other then that it seems fine. i think the clown died because of coming into direct contact with sea salt. (when i did the water change some of the salt wasnt completly dissolved) but some got on the anemone too. i noticed last night that the ocellaris was pale in colour and it seemed to have a cut or something on the right side of its face. anyway i might go get another clown later today or tomorrow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store