'06 Deer Season *warning* pics of deer

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
Aussie_hippie_2 said:
One has a complex nervous system and is proven to feel pain. The other dosen't. A plant doesen't yelp because it has no knowledge of its existence, nor can it feel pain. Killing a plant is a **** load better then killing an animal. Nice try though.
actually new studies have shown plants can sense when harm is about to befall them. even when I eat a plant, I still like to leave some of it behind so it can regrow.

Rallysman

Stinkfist
Aug 2, 2006
Indiana
Aussie_hippie_2 said:
One has a complex nervous system and is proven to feel pain. The other dosen't. A plant doesen't yelp because it has no knowledge of its existence, nor can it feel pain. Killing a plant is a **** load better then killing an animal. Nice try though.
That is true, but it's still taking life. I think animals are here for us to eat. I remember the food chain.
Again, you can have your opinion, I'll keep mine. I respect you opinion, and just ask that you do the same:). I'll continue to eat the food that mother nature has provided us.

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
Back to what the thread originally started as...

Nice pic, Loaches R.

I overheard a lady at the grocery store telling the story to a friend about a deer running into her truck. It did so much damage. It was still alive, but suffering badly. Her BIL showed up and put the deer out. It was a ten-point, I believe. I'm always afraid of hitting one, especially two weeks ago when one leapt in front of my truck at the last second (I was doing 15 in a 25). Luckily, I was able to stop.

I know this was about your hunting success and not a deer accident. But seeing the points on your buck reminded me of it. :)

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
I thank everyone for thier input! We have kept the discussion pretty civilized. But to get back to my original intent I hope we can stop debating the ethics of hunting and such. Beleive me it is a long debate that could eventually require a mod to shut it down.

I was mainly trying to see if there were other hunters out here on AC, and if they had any stories to share or any pics of this years 'harvest' (that arent bloody and gorey!). I also went turkey huntin' but didnt get a turkey, mostly spent my time deer hunting.

I also designed and built a ladder stand this year:

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
Rallysman said:
That is true, but it's still taking life. I think animals are here for us to eat. I remember the food chain.
Again, you can have your opinion, I'll keep mine. I respect you opinion, and just ask that you do the same:). I'll continue to eat the food that mother nature has provided us.
Relax man. I respect anyone's opinion. You have to if you're going to be as opinionated as me! :rolleyes:

Sorry for the derailment of the thread. I don't have any pictures of dead deer but when I opened the hood for the first time after the accident there was a nice chunk of deer!

Cory Lover

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
B.C. Canada
Aussie_hippie_2 said:
Thanks for helping me out with that! I'm a kid, and sometimes I can't get my point across that clearly.

Cory Lover

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
I'm only 17. I just really like science which is why I like fish keeping. But enough with the arguing and lets get on the track this thread was sposed to be on.

jennfier

..o0o..o0o..
Aug 22, 2006
SW Ohio
www.aquariacentral.com
have you thought about going out there naked and hunting them with your fists and wits ? maybe there'd be more pride when you win. i just feel that it's quite an uneven match, what with them being naked and unarmed with no camouflage. not trying to flame you but i'd be more accepting had it been a more even match between beast and man.

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
*sigh* Hunting isn't all easy. Good, respectful and well trained hunters will only shoot when they have a definite clear shot. For the seventeen years I've known my husband, he's only got two deer. My father-in-law has been hunting since he was fourteen, and he has never got a deer. Don't go thinking they aren't clever animals that can't avoid hunters. They are.

Trust me, this debate has happened before and the thread has been shut down. Perhaps that's the purpose a member or two may have in mind to let this thread disappear. But there's nothing wrong with discussing something some people have in common. Just keep it civil.

And yes, deer do have the ability to camouflage themselves. That's why a lot of hunters go home empty handed.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
jennfier said:
have you thought about going out there naked and hunting them with your fists and wits ? maybe there'd be more pride when you win. i just feel that it's quite an uneven match, what with them being naked and unarmed with no camouflage. not trying to flame you but i'd be more accepting had it been a more even match between beast and man.
you'd be surprised.... when you are hunting deer, if you give the slightest inkling as to your whereabouts, it bolts so fast you think you never saw it. It's not easy lining up a good shot, either. it's a even match alright. we may have the technological advantage, but they definelty have the physical and the home field advantage.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store