100g setup (lots of pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
looking great! can't wait for that ground cover to take off.

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
Slightly off topic, but some of you commented on the pup in one of my pics of this tank, the mini American Eskimo... Well, she was WAAAAYYYYY too hyper to share an apartment with my 4 year old son so we had to get rid of one of them, and my son is already potty trained so the decision was made for us. Took her back to the pet store and they promptly resold her. The wife wasn't about to go dogless after we paid a $500 deposit to HAVE a dog, so we got this one... Boston Terrier. He's a 6 year old from another household that couldn't keep him any more, and so far so good.

100_4599.jpg

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
Update

Tanker sent me some "RED" Nasea and a couple nice crypts to add to the tank, so here is how things are looking currently. I had some trouble with filimentous algaes for a while which took off between startup and getting the CO2 going properly, but they are not only no longer spreading, they have begun dwindling off, and I've added 2 SAE, 3 plattys for assistance in reducing and controlling it and it's like having living lawn mowers in there where this tuff is concerned. Have not yet bought the angelfish though. I'm running 400 watts at this time with a LOT of CO2 (bubbles are flying up the counter too fast to count, but the drop checker is staying a nice pretty green), all on timers. I'm dosing about 2 capfuls of Flourish once or twice per week (depending on if I remember to do it a 2nd time per week, LOL) and the stems are for the most part growing VERY fast. I've trimmed the sunset hygro down quite far, and have been spot trimming the rotala (which needs it again) a few stems at a time. Seems that they are all growing decently up to mid hieght in the tank but as soon as they reach up into the top 1/3 they go into growth rate overdrive! I'm still having hair algae issues amongst the flame moss, but planning to buy some flourish excel to spot treat it, and if that doesn't work then I'm likely going to cut back to about 240W for a month as see if it has any negative effect on the high light stuff, primarily the HC carpet, which I'm having a LOUSY time getting a carpet out of as things stand anyhow... mostly due to a whiptail catfish that my wife just HAD to have, LOL! I keep finding the stuff uprooted and floating around the tank in little clumps and having to replant them, along with a number of stem trimmings that have not yet taken root along the back. So, here it is...

100_4661.JPG

Last edited:

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
Bump... I keep forgetting that when I update this thread at 2AM it's far down the list by midmorning the next day and no one sees it, so I'm kicking it up the list this evening for those who have shown an interest so far.

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
wow!! nice tank! and cute boston too, by the way, they're amazing dogs!

wjagw

Registered Member
May 6, 2008
Really nice looking tank. Love the cabinet.
Plants look green and healthy, well done.
It will look beautiful after front ground get covered.

Cheers

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
Great job!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store