100g setup (lots of pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looks great!

dafferspup

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
Royal Oak, Michigan
Just saw this thread. You did a GREAT job with this. I like it a lot. What kind of CO2 set up do you use? And how long will it take for the foreground to fill in? Gonna look more awesome with that all filled in.

Your substrate is one of the best. I use that too and I swear by Flourite.

As for buying plants online, I have before and yes, the shipping is done on a set day no matter when you order. I have not had a problem with them switching things out on my though.

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
Thanks everyone, the compliments are much appriciated. A friend in Florida sent me some new stuff today which I'll be growing out in the 20 gallon for a while, but among it was a mad amount of blyxa which went right into the 100g. I'm going to go ahead and pull the HC and use it in the 20 gallon tank since I'm having trouble growing it out in the 100g for the carpet idea I originally had, and I'm going to pull out one or both large rocks and rearrange the log and smaller pieces of wood to provide more room for planting midground plants. Might pull out a fair bit of the larger species of anubias as well, but not sure on that just yet. The sunset hygro is going nuts, as is the rotala, but some other stems are just not going anywhere, so they will be going into the 20g as well. Just a matter of getting the gumption up to do it at this point, but it should make a substantial difference in the look of both tanks. I'll post pics of both when I get it done. I just feel like the 100g is too much like my office at this point... Got some nice stuff in it, but it's organized VERY poorly and just looks cluttered to me, LOL!

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
Oh, and it's on presurized CO2, running on the timer with the lights 9 hrs / day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store