150 gallon african tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
well, your pics are great with whatever you're using. I have what I think is a nice camera - 5MP Sony and I still can't figure out how to take decent pictures of fish.

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
I'm gonna have to get out my camera book. ;-)

TheXman

Rainbow Nut
Jun 11, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Did the sicker rainbowfish look that bad at the store or are the cichlids picking on him? I don't think he's going to make it unless something changes right away. If he looked like that at the store, you should demand a replacement because he was already on his last legs. However, if he looked fine at the store you need to get him out of that tank right now! He'd be better off in a bucket than with fish that are picking on him to such a degree

Last edited:

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
they were doing fine until a week ago when the cichlids took notice to them. i had them in a different tank for years with no problems. he will be removed in a day or 2.

TheXman

Rainbow Nut
Jun 11, 2007
San Jose, Ca
they were doing fine until a week ago when the cichlids took notice to them. i had them in a different tank for years with no problems. he will be removed in a day or 2.
I don't think he can make it another day, in fact I'm not sure that he isn't too far gone already. Even floating a bowl in the tank with him in it would be preferable to the current situation. I have never seen a rainbow in such bad shape.:(

TheXman

Rainbow Nut
Jun 11, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Just saw that you have a 125 with a fei feng, tetras and rasboras. Why not just move the rainbows in there right now?

TheXman

Rainbow Nut
Jun 11, 2007
San Jose, Ca
A pH of 6.8 is just fine, right in the middle of their recommended pH range, but to tell you the truth, people worry about pH way too much, the fish can't usually sense the differences in pH that aquarists often worry about. hardness and temperature are much more important parameters to worry about, but rainbows have a wide range of hardness that they can thrive in as well. Are you sure he has ick? He just looks beat up to me, but maybe the picture isn't detailed enough to show the white spots.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store