20-23 Gallon Tank Community Fish Plan

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
There isn't a specific livebearer forum on AC. Either the general or newbie section would get you the most views on the subject...btw, sexing them is pretty easy. Male livebearers have gonopodiums (see below) which makes them distinguishable from females.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Ok,

Bored, confused and replying to my own messages! lmao

But hey, anyhow...

I just read some more about Guppies and Platies and other info online contradicts what I was previously told (eh can't remember where I heard they get along) and with no info just yet here, I am reconsidering my whole list again....

Somehow I had the impression the Guppies and Platies would get along.... hmm... But Guppies are so Pretty! :grinyes:
Never heard of their being any real issues between guppies and platies...where did you read that?

Fev

AC Members
Aug 25, 2012
Wyndam Council, Victoria
I think I tried asking in one of the other forum sections on this website... Something to do with livebearers...?

Hmm, well I still feel confused with contrary info being given.... :(
Might just give myself a break and think about it....

My hubbies idea was to stick to one species but I think it'd be boring.... hehe I was so hoping for an attractive mixed community with fish that would stay reasonably small enough maybe not to have to move to even bigger tank later.... We want to keep this 23 Gallon for a few years before we buy a bigger one....

Fev

AC Members
Aug 25, 2012
Wyndam Council, Victoria
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about, conflicting info on whether Goldfish can live in warm water too, plus I'm unsure if they'd get alond with the fish I want to get.... They're not too big but still if they will fight etc or not live in the warm water..... Not good....

Fev

AC Members
Aug 25, 2012
Wyndam Council, Victoria
Either way we need to wait at least one more week or two once I manage to actually get to the pet store to ask for something for the Fin Rot at least if not for the ick....

Fev

AC Members
Aug 25, 2012
Wyndam Council, Victoria
I was talking about Goldfish! Lol did I write it wrong? Sorry!
I'm going to have to leave the discussion for now anyway, my funny husband up and decided he doesn't like the fish I selected!

The ones he likes I don't see as attractive! Lol. No offrnce to anyone but I don't like Angel fish even I was thinking of dwarf gourami must've had them confused with another fish I googled them again and changed my mind as they're not as nice as I'd thought....

He wants either ALL Danios only, or fish like Angels...... :headshake2: There goes my pretty n planned tank....

Also he put the orange goldfish with the ick back with the others saying we have to treat the big tank anyway....???

Fev

AC Members
Aug 25, 2012
Wyndam Council, Victoria
Well putting about a teaspoon a day Of salt to follow the 12 hr rule until I get to the store to ask advice...
They seemed happier when we put him/her back in, the white fish straight away went up to it and they swam together for a while....

Anyhow, hubby's not budging, he just wants to keep the two Goldfish and just get x5 or x8 approx Danio's to match the individual one I already have..... Eh.... Oh well....

There goes that idea of the community tank....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store