27.7g tank + Aquascaping (WIP)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rockarolla70

AC Members
Oct 8, 2018
Bangalore, India
Real Name
Krish
I *love* espeis! I had some, great activity, they really pop under proper lighting, and totally non-aggressive. I figure I'm going to stock my 55 with 2 more schools/shoals of fish (I'm removing the embers, and putting them into my 10) and I'm waffling between espeis, microdevario kubotai, and rummy nose tetras. At the end of the day, it's probably going to depend on if I'm willing to roll the dice on shipping fish, because I know a place that has espeis and rummies in store most of the time, and it's not too far away.
My only worry with Espe's are that they are too hyper active & I have also heard lot of them tell that they are chances of them jumping out the tank when they excited ... I don't like aquarium covered with lids etc.

rockarolla70

AC Members
Oct 8, 2018
Bangalore, India
Real Name
Krish
I *love* espeis! I had some, great activity, they really pop under proper lighting, and totally non-aggressive. I figure I'm going to stock my 55 with 2 more schools/shoals of fish (I'm removing the embers, and putting them into my 10) and I'm waffling between espeis, microdevario kubotai, and rummy nose tetras. At the end of the day, it's probably going to depend on if I'm willing to roll the dice on shipping fish, because I know a place that has espeis and rummies in store most of the time, and it's not too far away.
My only worry with Espe's are that they are too hyper active & I have also heard lot of them tell that they are chances of them jumping out the tank when they are excited ... I don't like aquarium covered with lids etc.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
None of mine ever jumped (I found all of the ones that died *in* the tank, over the course of years) and my 55 is in a pretty high traffic area. I've had a couple cardinals jump out of my old QT, but I'm sure I didn't do enough water changes on it because I was new to that process. I mean, my kids can turn around and touch it during meal times, and that's the main walkway from the door to... everything except the guest bath and garage.

They *are* active, and would go back and forth the full 4 feet several times an hour. You might get similar behavior with your smaller footprint, or they may do more laps to make up for the shorter distance. I don't know.

Reactions: rockarolla70
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store