30 gal & 4 gal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
30 gallon (mid to high tech)

plants have been doing grate but i do have some algae. i think mainly because i have some inconsistency with my lighting and firtz and my CO2 (using DIY). i also think that because the water here is not as hard as the water at my school the algae has a little bitt more of a threshold. ether way i will be going pressurized after my next catering job.

Equipment:
Marineland C-220
150 Watt Eheim Jager heater
CF 1x 96 watt 12000k
DIY CO2

Substrate:
Flourite mixed eco-complete and some natural river gravel type stuff

Fish:
3 Dwarf Chain Loach (Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki)
10 Harlequin Rasbora
4 Otocinclus catfish
1 bamboo shrimp
Red Charry Shrimp
Snails

Plants:
Flame Moss
Dwarf lily
Blyxa japonica
unknown type of Crypt
Rotala Macrandea
Lindernia sp. Indian
Echinodorus Ozelot
Ludwigia Glandulosa
Bacopa Monnieri
Red Tiger Lotus
Fissidens Fontanus
Bacopa Pink
Downois
Anubias Barteri Broadleaf
Anubias Barteri Coffeefolia
R. Rotundafilia
Alt Rcinekii
salvinia minima
Glossostigma elatinoides
Hemianthus Callitrichoides
Rotala Macrandra
Eleocharis Montevidensis

4 gallon (low tech)

this tank really hasn't seen much maintenance (i don't even think it got water changes) when i was away. just recently i cut down the drift wood that was in there to give it a more open feel. not sure if i like it but i think i need some more plants in there anyway. would love some suggestions there.

Equipment:
AC 20
AC 25 watt heater
14 watt Floresent

Subsrtate:
peat toped with river sand

Fish:
1 male betta

Plants:
no idea by this point

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Nice tanks. I like the 4 gallon as it is, looks nice; less crowded.........

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
Nice tanks. I like the 4 gallon as it is, looks nice; less crowded.........
ya well i think i would like it a bit less crowded then it is right now. i'm think slimmer and brachier wood switch out the moss (say for flame) and switch out the sand for something more black (want to try fluorite black actually). also need to add more plants in there. some nice low light stem plants that could do without firtz would be nice.

SchizotypalVamp

The REAL AC Mafia
Mar 18, 2008
California
very cute, if you want to improve the four my suggestion would be add in a bit more of the plant on the right on the back and a little on the side. Lol, but as someone who is fond of small tanks, you gotta change the water every week.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
very cute, if you want to improve the four my suggestion would be add in a bit more of the plant on the right on the back and a little on the side. Lol, but as someone who is fond of small tanks, you gotta change the water every week.

ya i know i'm just not always around the tank most of the year (it's at home while i'm at college). when i from college at the end of the year i found that my parent had let almost a 3 of the water evaporate. so really the only thing i'm keeping in there i think would be the betta because i know it can tolerate it (also the fish isn't even mine it's my sisters i just set up the tank because i felt bad for it)

about scaping for it thats what i plan to do actually i just really need to work on it (brake down and redo the tank).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store