315G Plywood Tank Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Pete used some stuff - DOwe something? Can you use what He used?

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
OMG!!!! What happened?
Oh Man that sucks,I'm so sorry for you!

BadOleRoss

AC Members
Jan 3, 2010
I had decided to remove the glass, frame, everything and redo that part of the build so I had nice clean materials to work with to get a good seal. I didnt want to put new silicone on old silicone and the best way to clean that up was to replace the frame. Well, it didn't go so well. As I pulled the top part of the frame away the silicone had a better bite on the glass then I gave it credit for. The wife (she who always must be obeyed) has given me the go ahead to order new glass on Monday and I have already removed the old frame and replaced it with nice new lumber. This will give me a chance to add more PC to the tank. I might make some call and see if I can find acrylic.

USMC2171

AC Members
Feb 14, 2009
Camp Lejeune, NC
So is it true, that fresh silicone eats away pc?? Should I silicone the glass in first, to unpainted plywood, after cured, then PC?? Watching and waiting on your every update, man. GOOD LUCK!!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
I think he used Dow 795....but I have bigger issues right now! I'm thinking I might need another piece of glass!:duh::duh:

Oh come on , a little spot of glue and it'll be good :):lol2:

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Dude that Blows - Sorry bro

BadOleRoss

AC Members
Jan 3, 2010
So is it true, that fresh silicone eats away pc?? Should I silicone the glass in first, to unpainted plywood, after cured, then PC?? Watching and waiting on your every update, man. GOOD LUCK!!
Yes, according to Pete, the acid in silicone eats through PC before it has cured. So, you want to seal to unpainted wood and then bridge from the inside of the tank to the back of the glass over the silicone and allow it time to cure. Ordering glass tomorrow, updates with new info might be awahile....gotta catch back up to where I was!:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store