33 gallon build/log thread!!!!!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

guppy1

Aquaria Central Supporter! Are You?
Mar 11, 2005
New York
ok, so i just take all the media out of the filter and add LR rubble? that sounds simple enuf! how long will that take to kick in and make my nitrates go away,
thanks so much for your help!,
Shane

guppy1

Mar 11, 2005
New York
ok, i will deffinatly change my media to LR rubble,
thanks for that advise, i would think my tank is almost done cycling, it has been setup for about 4-5 weeks know i think, i will have to check the dates, man time flys, i dident think being patient was this easy,
lol, o, did i do the right thing by doing a 5 gallon water change, or was that bad? i think it was bad but that is what i was told to do, actually i was told to do a 15 gallon water change but i was nervouse so i did a 5 gallon an no changes, so should i start useing distilled water?
thanks for your help,
Shane

guppy1

Mar 11, 2005
New York
actually i live in upstate NY, around syracuse, i think it is like 5 hrs from NYC,
Shane

nycsicktank

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
nyc
as i was told you shouldnt do w/c untill all your parameter are to 0. distilled water is way better than tap but i still recommend to get RO/DI. $100 from ebay.

for now, dont do anything and keep checking out your parameter. i know you dont want to spend something you can already use it with tap water, it isnt good for lr cause they will grown hair algae, it looks nasty. same goes for the fish and $.

thats cool 5 hrs away from me lol. well, i asked you this because if your interest buying dry goods from Foster and Smith. ill be ordering by 11/13 12 AM. i want someone who can pay half shipping with me. im cheap too =D

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
If your ammonia and nitrites spiked, I would assume your cycle finished and it was time to do the 50% water change, which should bring the nitrates down. But since your tap is at 15ppm, I don't know how far they will come down. I know that RO/DI water is supposed to be the way to go (I should talk...I don't use it yet).
Someone with more experience will chime in, I'm sure.
If you think 15g is bad, try doing a 70g water change.:nilly: That's what I did after my cycle finished. Wow. And that was only about 40% of the water in the tank.

guppy1

Mar 11, 2005
New York
wow, cool, i like the words you just said wantvws!, lol, if my tank is cycled i will be so happy, i just need some more peaople to confirm that i should do a 50% water cange and i will be good to go, my ammonia is still 0 and my nitrites are 0, so i gues that would make sense that my tank is just holding the nitrates just waiting for me to dump them, lol, wow, i am so excited!!!!, and NYCsicktank, i am getting paid th 12th i think, and i do need to order from drsfostersmith, since i am 5hrs away is it still possible that if i ordered with you i could still help you out with shipping? or would it be pointless, lol
thanks so much everyone, i am in such a good mood right know that if i was rich you all would be to;), lol,
Shane

guppy1

Mar 11, 2005
New York
o, and i am going to stock up on distilled this week, untill i save up for a r/o!!!
thanks,
Shane

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store