46g Bowfront: The Reboot

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
I've had this tank going for a while now, about 18 months, but haven't really put a lot of thought into it. It started out as kind of a grow out tank, then later started to form itself into a decent planted tank. However, over the last year or so, it's really turned into my own personnel archive of plants.

Now it's time to do something with it. I'm starting a reboot. You can see below a collection of shots over the last year. I wasn't really keeping a great record, so please pardon the quality and length of time between shots.

4-23-2008

6-26-2009

And today:

This will be my journal for the rescape.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Nice recovery/rescape. But you have to tell where you got the technology to see what the scape will look like in May 2009 in that second pic, haha.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice!

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
So, my plan is the explosion from the center effect. I've got an order from manzanita.com coming in tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Pulling all the tenellus out, some of the anubias, possibly the l.repens. Probably going to pull out all the java fern, replace it with needle leaf java fern.

Only thing I am for sure on is I'm replacing my filter intake with a Sponge filter to make it shrimp safe, and going with a dwarf hairgrass foreground.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store