$50 craiglist 225 tank/cabinet/canopy DIY refurbish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very neat.

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
looks great

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Well the slime has all but disappeared as quickly as it came after flowering (what the science says) has died out, and in just 12 hours has almost completely cleared up.

What I cant figure out is how they turned into plants LOL (jest). I still have to install the black sponge looking lava rocks from a local dead volcano. Even though they are 2.3 million years old they look like like they were melted yesterday. New photos when I get them inside.

JimL

I know just enough to be dangerous
Mar 28, 2009
Silverdale, WA.
WOW! :thm: :eek:mg: :jaw:

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Gunner - what are the plants? Are they silk? They look HUGE to fill a tank that size!

Arkangel77

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Thanks guys. The plants are known as Giant Floating Plants (36") that also have a base for anchoring. They were on sale for under $6 so I bought some as part of a larger purchase for free shipping. I like them in all my aquariums as a back drop and they have never faded are thick and strong and move with the current. Here you see 4 different plants in double bunched for better looks, the one most easily recognized bamboo.
http://www.strictlypetsupplies.com/productshow.php?query=1&searchword=PLANTS+GIANT&submit=Search

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Thanks to be honest we all know that most things in life are just determination, this being a very tiny example of what possible if your hart's in the right place.

So these plants being really just part of the background, I plan to do some research and fine easy to grow LIVING plants for the foreground that don't require special lighting or Co2 to grow successfully, IF there is such plants. So far from what Iv seen not even my LFS's are successful the way some of you have managed to grow those stunning live plants lol. Will see, one thing at a time nice thoughtful and slow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store