65 gallon LJ project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I just thought about sharing some of the species found on my wish list for this project:

-Pterophyllum altum
-Laetacara dorsigera
-Dicrossus filamentosus
-Spaerichthys osphromenoides
-Apistogramma elizabethae
-Apistogramma bitaeniata
-Ambastia sidthimunki
-Apyocharax paraguayensis
-Pelvicachromis taeniatus
-Hemigrammus bellottii
-Hyphessobrycon amapaensis
-Corydoras adolfoi
-Moenkhausia pittieri
Honestly, I feel a little discouraged because by reviewing this list, I've only gotten ONE FISH here. It's true that I have some interesting fish, also I'm aware of the current situation that does not allow too many imports. But not everything is bad, the big fish markets in the country are starting to open, this is excellent news, the situation is probably going to continue with some normality now, and some interesting fish may come soon :).

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I see many fish on your wish list that have been or still are on my "someday" list. I like your pics especially the contrast of the 2 angels, very dramatic!
Thanks man, don't rush my long wish list, even if I had a 180 gallon tank, I'm absolutely sure I wouldn't get them all ?‍♂.

Reactions: CichlidFins

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I have had no movements in the tank these days. One of my western rainbowfish had an accident in the last change of water, it was sucked by the 1/2" hose that I use for the siphon, the type that was left with a couple of wounds and several lost scales, but it has been recovering quickly , it's a very well fed fish and it's fat and healthy.

20200629_160934.jpg

I have wanted to add some new plants to the tank but I have been somewhat busy with the family and some visits to the doctor. My LFS advised me that he probably has an import from Colombia this week, I don't want to get too excited and I'll see what happens.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Good save, I hope it recovers fast. Some fish just cannot resist a siphon tube, lol. I have to keep 1 hand on the tube ready to pinch it off when siphoning a tank with danios. Shrimp are even worse, "look at all the food (or poo) in there!".

I hope your LFS comes through with some cool stuff! Keep us posted. I'm jealous you can actually go to a good LFS, it's been many months for me.

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
The guys from LFS have been my great friends for 18 years when I started in aquarism, although sometimes they only excited me with the fail imports lol.
A couple of days ago I was close to obtaining Melanotaenia boesemani and an Electric blue Acara but I did not take them, I plan to focus only on the species that I have planned and on some surprises that I can find. Acara and Boesemani are interesting fish, but would eventually end up taking them out of the tank after a while.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store