65G FOWLR Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
Am sorry to hear about ur experience Strongarm :(
Thanks for the condolences. I really should have not sold everything. But moving, life and work made it easy. I shouldn't have gotten so upset with myself. Hind site is way better than foresight with me. Small Planted Tanks are fun...I'll stay with them for a spell! I am beginning to like them....A LOT!

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Thanks for the condolences. I really should have not sold everything. But moving, life and work made it easy. I shouldn't have gotten so upset with myself. Hind site is way better than foresight with me. Small Planted Tanks are fun...I'll stay with them for a spell! I am beginning to like them....A LOT!
Yeh, planted tanks r nice, they bring a lot of aesthetics to fish tank, and plants help clean water as well :)

• Love
Reactions: Strongarm

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
Lalo J...You got a nice tank. The rock looks good as well! You might have some tube worms in that rock as well! (Maybe)

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
We call them "Feather Dusters." I have received Live Rock at the local Salt Water Fish Store, and after a few weeks of lying in the bottom, these little critters came out. I am not sure where the Live Rock came from, as the owner just bough live rock in bulk. Back then any live rock was great. We never knew if it was Indo-Pacific, Mediterranean, of Gulf Rock....Just live rock. As far as their impact on the tank, I never knew of any.

1611079152061.png

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I had, back in the day when Methuselah was a youngster, I had a 120 gallon fish only Marine tank, and a 65 Reef. The 65 Reef lasted 12 years before I made the "Goof" of the century.
Note to self: "If you ever build another Marine tank, leave the critters that are in the Ocean, in the Ocean."

Killed both tanks with Hair Algae......:eek:
I made the same mistake, I had my first marine tank back in high school and i was living in San Diego. One day I was messing around at the tide pools and I couldn’t resist bringing some of the blennys and other critters back to my “ tropical”FOWLR.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store