Abrassion/swelling on puffer...?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Just as I suspected...his colors are back to normal...he was just trying to relax and take in the medicine I guess.

But, my question is this...do I feed the rest of his food to him tonight? I made one full tablespoon of food just like the directions on the bottle said...or do I feed the other half to him tomorrow?

It says for regular treatment (adding to tank) to administer it every other day. So, does this apply for the feeding as well? If so, I have to give him his full serving of food all by tonight. If not, I can just give him the other half tomorrow.

Thanks.

Edit: Yeah, just read what you wrote. I wasn't really too alarmed from his dramatic change of colors...seems to do that when he's sleeping (camouflages against the rocks), feeling sick in the stomach or stressing out for some reason. But I just want to create a medical feeding regimen for him since the bottle does not address one so that I can finally take a breather.

Last edited:

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Just feed as you normally would.
Okay, well I fed him almost his whole tablespoon of food medley today...I don't know where it all goes. I never feed him THAT much...but then again he doesn't accept food when he's not hungry, so it should be fine I guess.

Hopefully it kicks in over night with some good rest and time for it to take effect.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Okay, so as of right now...it took a while to find him. He was sticking himself between a snail on the overflow and the wall up in the corner of the tank. He did come out to eat when he saw that I was about to feed and he did eat a lot of his food. I'm making another batch right now. He does look worse than yesterday though...I guess I should just be preparing for the worse by now.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
It's too bad you couldn't QT & treat for this properly.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
^ Please...don't even.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Let's see...we got a little bit of fin regrowth from where it was rotting away. Seems like the bacteria is slowing down, but not disappearing yet so to speak. Still hides a lot, but he comes out and enjoys a session of surfing the wave every now and then. He's eating his food well still and pooping ten fold since I've upped his feeding regimen by so much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store