Added Some Supplemental Media to the QuietFlow 75 to Help with Bio Filtration During Cycle...PLEASE Advise

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaskade10729

AC Members
Jun 16, 2013
Whew! I'm usually pretty nice & fairly polite, sometimes helpful, or not. Certainly not always. I stepped away from your Stability thread, do I need to justify that to you or anyone? No, I was done. What, IMO, you did wrong was treating some fish as disposable until you get the good 1s. I said that or something close to it a month ago.

But this filter thread has circled back to Stability & cycling. I have no idea if your tank is cycled or not. I've NEVER seen ammonia in a fully cycled tank, that's MY experience. TTA's experiences &/or research, & maybe that of others, may be different.

I'm not sure how, if you are calling me "absurd", helps in any way. I was merely suggesting you modify your posting tone, you're the 1 worried people are "messing with you" or making you seem "ridiculous" & causing you to be "defensive".. Because we don't all always agree with each other or with Seachem? I could be a prima ballerina, would that be of more value than a professional writer in terms of tank help?

Back to your original filter question, the floss in the intake chamber will probably clog fairly quickly. I "think" it may be easier to remove & rinse or replace it when it clogs, it acts much like a fine prefilter...but I haven't done that, it's just my opinion...Good luck!
First of all, I absolutely, positively knew that Doug was going to "like" you comment (as he did your other one) as it contradicted anything I may have said in my post; it's really humorous how he was first quasi-argumentative with me in the past, and that I noticed that a new member here had asked a question in a new thread and he did absolutely nothing to help him, instead going on a tirade about "Well, it seems you know what you're doing and what you want, so..." to which the member was confused as to why he was even commenting then.

Now, getting to your comments above -- I didn't call YOU absurd. I called what was being said about my posting style ABSURD. But I suppose I am going to get blamed for that, as well. I said it before, and I'll say it again: I responded the way I did because that's my habitual process based on the kind of person I am and what I do all day (the long-esque posts). If that rubs you the wrong way, I'm sorry, but that's just the way I communicate with people. You insistence on calling out my profession -- now you're trying to make a parallel to calling yourself a ballerina with regard to what I said I did for a living, which is a weak cheap shot -- is what isn't helpful. If you don't see this, I don't know what to tell you and/or help you. I'm sure the ever-unhelpful Doug will no doubt like the next comment you post to me and have a big laugh about your feelings on my profession. We're, after all, adults here, right? :rolleyes:

At any rate, you keep "wishing me luck" at the end of your statements yet continue to return to the thread to egg this on even more when all I did was defend my position against someone calling my posting style confrontational. I suppose I don't have the right to do that.

Appreciate your input regarding the filter floss; that hasn't been an issue in the AquaClear (if that's what you were referring to; I don't have filter floss in the Aqueon's intake area...just a sponge and bio rings). I'm unsubscribing (from my own thread) at this point because the original query behind it (about the additional media for the Aqueon 75) was already discussed, so post away with what you will.

And, as an aside, your assessment of why I was asking if the people here were intentionally misleading me or giving me purposefully bad advice was completely inaccurate; I had my suspicions for totally different reasons/motives.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I can assure you that all members are here to help, I've never seen any trolling or something. If they are wrong that doesn't have anything to do with you personally, they would have given the same answer to a friend.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Site members, let's please follow forum rules and guidelines. Locking this thread now. I didn't catch the above post until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store