Any Sci-Fi Fantasy book fans out there?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Anybody reading anything great right now? I've been stuck on the Dragon Riders of Pern series for years! Which I love, but shards I think I'm stuck there! Plus intermittently reading Feist,Brooks and other authors. I'd like to get to the bookstore later any ideas?

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I've read most of R A Salvatore's books. They have their bad spots, but overall it's quite hard to stop reading them. Plus it's nice that his main series is nearly thirty books long and going.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
I've read most of R A Salvatore's books. They have their bad spots, but overall it's quite hard to stop reading them. Plus it's nice that his main series is nearly thirty books long and going.
I'll have to check Salvatore out, haven't read anything of his/hers. I love Anne McCaffrey and in all the years reading her books and she's written many, I've never come across a looser. Her son now writes the Dragon Riders series with her looking over his shoulder, and they've been good. Have you read anything by David Eddings? Guy is awsome! He wrote the Belgariad and the Malloreon which consists of 10 books, I read them all in 2 months, couldn't put them down. The Elenium is 3 books about a knight called Sparhawk, great fantasy, I've read them more then once. Thanks going to google Salvatore and see what the books are about.

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
If you don't mind an incomplete series, George R.R. Martins Fire and Ice series.
Erikson's Mazalan series is excellent IMHO as well (Gardens of the Moon is the first).
psuedo historical...Neil Stephenson's Quicksilver series...also his cryptonomicon, Snow Crash
Neil Gaiman...Anasai Boys..I also think he did one with Terry Prachet.

laurenrocksth

AC Members
Jun 24, 2008
Milford, NH
I like the Wheel of Time series :)

I think it's by Terry Brooks

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
A couple of really good series I've read are Terry Goodkind/Sword of Truth (Wizards First Rule is the beginning) and Robert Jordan/Wheel of Time.
The worst thing about Jordan is that he died before the series was finished, so someone else is doing the last 3 books working from Jordan's outline and other notes he left behind. Start w/Goodkind then move onto Jordan, and that series may be down to (waiting for) the last book by the time you get through the others.
I'm currently reading Robin Hobb/The Liveship Traders, first book of 3 has been great.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I'm a huge fan of the Dark Tower Series by Steven King. :D

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I'm a huge fan of the Dark Tower Series by Steven King. :D
LOVED this series, was a bit disappointed at the ending and LOATHED "Wizards and Glass" but I too would and do suggest this series.
It's an older series but Angus Wells' "The Kingdoms" is a good trilogy.

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
LOVE all the authors mentioned. The Wheel of Time series by Jordan has one book left. The co-author using his outline has done a fantastic job - I like him more than Jordan to be honest. He doesn't bog down in the smallest of details and delivers a lot of plot per page. Just started a book by Patrick Rothfuss called "The Name of the Wind" - it is pretty good. A little slow at the start but it is picking up and pulling me in. The Terry Goodkind series is complete - loved all the books but a bit disappointed in the ending. George RR Martin is my favorite - but he takes a LONG time to complete each book! No one mentioned Tolkien - Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit - they got me started way back in high school.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Todd I've started the Jordan Wheel of Time series, on book 2 for a while now.Sometimes I fall out of reading, I do have to finish that book, and I heard that he passed before he finished. I hope whoever has picked up they come close to the way he wrote. I know I've read a few Terry Goodkind books a while ago and they were good. Have your read Raymond Feist, he wrote The Riftwar Saga, amazing, and the Riftwar Legacy plus spin off books which were also excellent.

Lauren, Terry Brooks is an awsome writer, I've read many of his books years ago and loved them.

Tola the Quicksilver series sounds familiar, I probably looked at it before and just didn't pick it up. Will check it out, I'm in reading mode again!

Bally I've read close to all his books, I love Steven King! Been reading his books on and off for 25 years even his pseudo named books he writes under the name Backman.
Thank you all I've got plenty to check out later. Everyone's using that Kindle but I love going to the book store and I love the artwork on the covers:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store