anyone got pics of coralife 67,000 and 10,000 on there tanks? ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
^beat me to it...

Do beware that not all 10,000K bulbs are created equal. Some use a lot of light at too low a wavelength to be of any use to plants while others crowd the blue end of the spectrum at several different wavelengths, at least some of which are beneficial.

I have a 6700K bulb in my 46 - and I have some 8000K (or 8800K?) ones I got on clearance - I guess it's time for me to do a comparative photoshoot.
:wall::wall::wall::wall: please tell me these coralife bulbs will be bright and pretty please )))))))) I paid a fortune !!! I am ready to just stop and cry.

grannylvsfish

Dec 6, 2006
Montana
there is only java fern and a sword i there I do not care if I ever have plants in there, heck they tear them up any ways! I just want bright and pretty and not to show my fish all washed out.

before with 15 and 18 watt florecent.

after with coralife 65 watt 6700k

grannylvsfish

Dec 6, 2006
Montana
Notice the gravel is even washed out. I do hope the new bulbs are much brighter, or , or , or I am going to scream !!!!!

grannylvsfish

Dec 6, 2006
Montana
before with 18 watts

after with 6700k ( and remember I used a flash and the tank is no way this bright. look at the yellow

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
Please post some before and after pics when your new lights arrive Granny. I'm replacing my lights soon and was going to buy the standard daylight bulbs but after reading through your thread i think i'll change my mind.

grannylvsfish

Dec 6, 2006
Montana
Please post some before and after pics when your new lights arrive Granny. I'm replacing my lights soon and was going to buy the standard daylight bulbs but after reading through your thread i think i'll change my mind.
I will hon, in fact the day they arrive. It looks like my tank is so bright with the lights, but in fact is very dark. funny how the light from the flash makes it look so bright. tonight I will take more pics of it . then when the lights arrive I will take more.

Danyal

AC Members
May 20, 2007
no cf over 67k that i've found, i agree on not all bulbs with the same k value being equal, i've had 55k bulbs that looked way different(screw in) but for me 65k has been whiteish enough for me over my planted tanks, that is until the driftwood started leaching tannins(if you want to see yellow try a 55k bulb over a tannin filled tank) even substrate colour can make a big difference, when i had my 18k powerglow over my 29g w/ playsand substate it seemed to have a pinkish yellow hue while in the same tank over very white sand it was a nice blueish hue. if you don't mind loosing a bit of PAR for your plants then a 50/50 bulb or over 10k much be what you're looking for.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store