Bazooka atomizer vs. Aquario neo cork diffusers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Schleo

AC Members
Feb 22, 2020
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the forum, and would like say thanks to everyone who will post on this thread.

I currently have a 60l planted tank, medium stocked. I kind of cheaped out on the diffuser and am just get large bubbles of co2.

I'm looking at two options to switch, namely a cork diffuser vs the bazooka atomizer.

In your opnion which one would be better.

Thank you.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Do you have the pressure to support using an atomizer? If so I would go that route.

Schleo

AC Members
Feb 22, 2020
Do you have the pressure to support using an atomizer? If so I would go that route.
According to the website it requires a minimum pressure of roughly 2.8kgf/cm2. I'll be switching to a high pressure diy cannister, so it should be able to generate the required pressure. Is the atomizer really worth it? Also, does higher pressure result in progressively better micro-bubble formation?

Thanks.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
If you are going with DIY, I would do it and check the pressure before you go forward buying more equipment.

Higher pressure may result in smaller bubbles, as might cleaning your diffuser too. I would maybe try that first

Also depending on your setup you might be able to do something else too.

Schleo

AC Members
Feb 22, 2020
If you are going with DIY, I would do it and check the pressure before you go forward buying more equipment.

Higher pressure may result in smaller bubbles, as might cleaning your diffuser too. I would maybe try that first

Also depending on your setup you might be able to do something else too.
I'll take your advice on the pressure part before buying the atomizer.

I cleaned the diffuser using the bleach method. I'm getting a mix of micro and large bubbles.

I have a seachem tidal HOB, so inline diffusers aren't really an option. I've read on the forum that you can place the diffuser near the intake of the HOB to help with dissolving the CO2 better. Does this method work?

Thanks.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Feeding the CO2 into the filter intake does work. Unfortunately it depends on the specific filter. Some can get airlocked as a result where there will just be CO2 around the impeller, no water, so it just spins with no water movement

I haven't used HOB filters in maybe 15 years, so no clue if it would work with the Tidal.

If itworks there's no real need for a diffuser or whatever, but it can be kind of ugly... I'm also not sure how the surface skimmer would affect the gas, I suspect poorly.

But if you move your diffuser under your intake, and measure the resulting level of CO2 in the aquarium after a couple of hours, it should show if it works better or not.

Schleo

AC Members
Feb 22, 2020
Feeding the CO2 into the filter intake does work. Unfortunately it depends on the specific filter. Some can get airlocked as a result where there will just be CO2 around the impeller, no water, so it just spins with no water movement

I haven't used HOB filters in maybe 15 years, so no clue if it would work with the Tidal.

If itworks there's no real need for a diffuser or whatever, but it can be kind of ugly... I'm also not sure how the surface skimmer would affect the gas, I suspect poorly.

But if you move your diffuser under your intake, and measure the resulting level of CO2 in the aquarium after a couple of hours, it should show if it works better or not.
Amazing! Thank you so much for your advice ^_^

Reactions: dougall

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Amazing! Thank you so much for your advice ^_^
No problem.. hopefully it all works out one way or the other.

Fell free to yell if you have more problems

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store