Been treating for ich but does this spot look weird?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
I'm seeing 2 different things I can't ID. There's the spot above his right eye...& a pale bump on near his gills in maybe the 5th pic.

The 1 above his eye has been in most of your ram pics, maybe a scrape? The "bump" is more concerning to me. It doesn't look like HITH from what I've seen of that but I don't have any ideas either.

Crap! Just when they laid eggs & you're treating ich too. I wish we were just congratulating you on a ram spawn & not this other stuff. I'll think some more...
Well dang! I went back through that whole other thread mess and found my first posted pictures Of them.
I tend to feel very stupid very often here omg ( I apologize) ... so we can at least gage growth of the spot above the right eye

DC13332E-9AF8-4D18-A9F6-5F4E6F1A640B.png

1E565018-9289-4B1A-90C2-6CE35EEB5BC5.png

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
No need for sorry or feeling stupid! Compared to your early pics his above the eye spot seems bigger now. I think I said something about long threads & being able to follow just where we're going, some stuff gets lost...

I still don't know what it may mean...I'll sleep on it & think some more...Maybe someone else knows what may be going on...I hope so.

Do NOT quit treating the ich, you're so close to being done...keep it up!

& don't lose sight of EGGS! There's something to celebrate, in times of trouble.

• Love
Reactions: Kimunaffected

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Keep up your Paraguard tx & water changes...& hope it goes away or turns into something we can identify...sorry to be so unhelpful. You don't want to just dump drugs in without an idea of what it may be...
Yes, and certainly not in a community tank. It is hard, and in most cases impossible to diagnose fish from pictures. This would be a good moment to take a biopsy and examine it under a microscope. If there are flagellates it is hole in the head, just slime it would probably be bacterial. There could be other causes, though.

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
Can you checck out my thread, 20 gallon stocking ideas?

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
Yes, and certainly not in a community tank. It is hard, and in most cases impossible to diagnose fish from pictures. This would be a good moment to take a biopsy and examine it under a microscope. If there are flagellates it is hole in the head, just slime it would probably be bacterial. There could be other causes, though.
Awhile ago I picked up a 5g portrait tank ( suppose to be for my orchids eventually ) for now I am filling it for qt tank for now ( I haven’t moved anyone ) . The female has a spot too and when they turn in certain directions you can see a “pit” :( I will try to get some pics later I jus left lfs to see if they had what I ordered in store
They do not but I did pick up some herbtana to have on hand.

Reactions: the loach

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Sorry about the eggs. I've never had HITH (knock on wood) & was remembering it as small dark pits. But I googled & it can look like your fish, so I don't know...I like tl's idea if you have a microscope, maybe even a kid's 1 would be good enough?

Reactions: Kimunaffected

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
I wish I had access to one.
but I am leaning towards hith now. What about the other fish that seem to be improving from the ich chaos. If I need to treat the gbr for hith ( assuming their condition doesn’t worsen and I don’t loose them ) Is it like ich where the whole tank would need to be treated ? Or could I move them to qt tank for treatment or would that leave the other fish open for it? I do see the gbr beingdwarf chiclids ( spelling) are more Susceptible to this. My water parameters don’t have a history of being bad to be the cause. & since at least the one pot or spot was present when I first posted.
I am beginning to suspect the breeder I bought from is just pushing wild caught (?) or the breeder had poor water conditions?

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
I’ve been doing some reading but there’s not a lot of information from the best I can tell a qt tank and metroplex with focus ( given mixed with food ) is recommended which is not a gentle med. :/
Some of the white I initially suspected was ich. But it’s grown so large and the true sprinkled salt ich symptoms are gone from everyone in the tank and these pits on the gbr are what’s left.
I am still doing daily paraguard ( if I am only counting ich symptoms were free for 4 days )

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store