Been treating for ich but does this spot look weird?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
So I guess what I am trying to decide is if I remove the sick fish and move to qt. Would that shorten my needed dose time in the 20g at this point. Or am I looking at a new round either way

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I think you should finish the ich tx soon for your entire tank, then move the rams to the QT for metronidazole tx (or whatever you decide is best, I don't know). Cichlids are by far most likely to get HITH (also called HLLE? something close to that, head & lateral line erosion?). I think I've heard of it in weather loaches & goldfish but I never really paid attention. I would be very hesitant to use both an ich tx & something else at the same time...Meds are stressful, multiple meds even more so.

As for the microscope thing, do you have something like Nextdoor locally? You might ask to borrow a scope near you & even offer to buy new slides if they're worried ethanol or peroxide wouldn't kill any "cooties" . Those have got pretty inexpensive...just a thought...

Reactions: Kimunaffected

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
A positive note, I know you need 1...

After the ich tx is over, is it just the male ram that has the scrape & pale bump thing? You might just treat him (or both rams) with metro? in the QT...& then have it be a breeding tank! A bit small, but something to perhaps look forward to. They usually like a smooth rock to lay eggs on (more gentle on the ovipositors & easy to fertilize, lol).

So how is the ich tx going? Any spots or stress signs?

• Love

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
A positive note, I know you need 1...

After the ich tx is over, is it just the male ram that has the scrape & pale bump thing? You might just treat him (or both rams) with metro? in the QT...& then have it be a breeding tank! A bit small, but something to perhaps look forward to. They usually like a smooth rock to lay eggs on (more gentle on the ovipositors & easy to fertilize, lol).

So how is the ich tx going? Any spots or stress signs?
I do have a nice smooth flat rock but they didn’t use it this time, But your absolutely right! My “orchid” tank has always been a gentle way to “phase in “ the other half so I could have a place to do so ( if they were ever successful) I am a bit bummed the female had what appeared a small pit on the side of her face ( the day after I posted this) . I have been doing daily pwc because some people had success with early treatment this way.
i have kept going because I haven’t seen any new pits and can say the pits don’t seem to be getting worse. I have been watching like a hawk and both rams appear to have white stringy poop so that would just put another check Mark towards hith HLLE ( like you said same thing ) in oscars it looks totally different but what few posts I can find about Rams it does look similar.
As far as Ick. We’re still symptom free and no deaths since the gudgeons. The 21st is 7days of treatment without symptoms or death from ich.
I will also find my email from seachem andscreenshot it in case it helps someone else and also let you read over what they said and help me adjust
Here is pic of incongnito qt / breeder tank ???

339B7EEE-7A0D-4870-9589-2025F32BA9CC.jpeg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, kind of what I said, finish the ich tx then begin the metro. I'm sorry your female ram has a spot too, dang it! But still, I'd finish the ich tx & be done with that issue anyway...you've gotta be get close with the ich, yes? Just a few more days with no spots...Ugh! I hate trying to treat more than 1 thing at a time but I think you doing the right tx...fingers crossed...

You can always try orchids later, I also love orchids...but that's for later...

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
Correct I am almost done with the paraguard as long as I see no more ich spots.
the orchids are all my current collection that the kids and other half buy me for Mother’s Day and birthdays ,we re arranged the kitchen . That was whole reason for the tank purchase. It was already being done as part of the remodel.
but instead of doing a shelved greenhouse “Orchidarium” I went with a tank and went with this “in case” I ever needed a place for babies or to separate for a qt tank. Because I did not have one prior.
If it doesn’t have the orchids the tank has to go ...
The other half didn’t even want the 20g after the 9 broke so this was pushing it. But if I have a sick Or baby fish that “would die if I don’t separate “ I could then use it.

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
I was just tossing it out there as an option if you thought I should dose the Rams metro separately
Seachem seems to think the whole tank when I am done with paraguard. so if I don’t have to separate I can leave my Orchids alone

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store