Beginner Fish for Your Reef or FOWLR

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

donald432

AC Members
Jan 28, 2010
california
Out of curiosity, are there any cool looking shrimp that may be good for beginners? I really like watching shrimp because they are always doing something and have so many tiny moving parts. Anyways, thanks for the thread, it was very informative!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I'm going to have to disagree about condy's being good for beginners, no nem should be added until a tanks been up and running for several months and I know a few people who've lost seemingly healthy fish(clown goby, blennies, percula/oscelaris) to condy's. The only beginner friendly thing about them IMO is the sub $10 price.

fishndude

Keep the cat out the fish tank
Mar 21, 2010
Nashville,tennessee
coral beuaty dwarf anglefish

Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons
Care Level: Easy
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Reef Compatible: With Caution
Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
Max. Size: 4"
Color Form: Blue, Orange, Yellow
Diet: Omnivore

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
The CB is an easy fish but they can also be ich magnets. I don't like to QT dwarf angels but this one would be the exception. Beautiful fish to boot!

BucketFish

AC Members
May 22, 2012
I disagree on the royal gramma....I suppose they are hardy but they don't play very nice. Maybe I just ended up with a miserable one, I dunno...Everything I read said they were a great beginner fish, but from personal experience now I have found that is a steaming pile. Excellent guide, though! :)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store