Betta with lose of activity level and molly fry with not ICH

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Since your tap nitrate is 10-15ppm I think your tank is OK at 20-25ppm. I like to suggest 25% water changes weekly to keep nitrate low and remove contaminants that we can't test for. Fresh water is usually enjoyed by the fish anyway.

Your pic showed up and the temp appears to be around 82F. As long as you are in the green section you should be OK.
Okay, thanks. I'll move tommorow the guppies back to my other tank.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Mollies often don't do well in soft/neutral/acidic water, it wasn't that much of a problem 30 years ago, but they are much weaker now.
Do you have a hospital tank? Put them in there with salt water, 15 grams per liter and watch the problems clear up.

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I wouldn't move any fish from the existing tank since we aren't sure what the problem is with the mollies. Your picture isn't really clear enough to me to figure out what is going on with them.

It does not seem to be Ich but might be a bacterial infection. I would treat as T the loach says but would consider treating in their current tank unless others think otherwise.

What size is this tank?

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
The betta and mollies seem to have separate issues. I would treat the betta with Microbelift Artemis, this can be safely done in the tank. Then put the mollies on salt water that will help them, if you don't have a hospital tank you can do a bath for the mollies in a bucket with used tank water, for an hour, that will help, but not be as effective as putting them on salt water for say 1 or 2 weeks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store