FS Big, Beautiful, EASY Crypts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I've gotten plants from myswtsins years ago & they still look good! I have very different water than she does but her crypts are hardy...it helped that I added crushed coral for the usteriana, others were fine from the get go!

jake, all crypts tend to "melt" when moved, but with healthy roots they bounce right back & grow new leaves in a week or 2...& myswtsins roots are very nice!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
yes - familiar with crypt melt. I was just debating the logistics of actually fitting in my tank. Most of my tanks are kind of stuffed like this:
1.jpg

Even the more open tanks like this one lack actual floor space for new plants:

6.jpg

I'm not sure it is wise to buy them at this time. I was thinking i could get the small ones and begin to grow them so they are larger when i move in a year but on further thought I think i should just wait another year till after i move and have more floor space for plants.
-
Basically i'm running out of places to put plants across my tank - even the 5 gallon one is kind of stuffed:

5.jpg

So that is my debate if i buy them what do i remove to actually plant them so they can still get light ??

Reactions: Hexo
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store