Bulbs at wall-mart?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

losermonkey5

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
delanson ny
Ya I have had lots of luck with them... too bad it was all bad luck. Maybe it is just my water to my set up or lighting or something but they just dont work for me.

Chickieepooh2u

Ooo, Ooo! Pick me pick me!!
Jan 12, 2006
Norfolk, NE
www.myspace.com
I've had GREAT luck with them. (ok, well.... after I figured out my snails were 'mowing' them off)

Only one of the lily bulbs sprouted, but its a beautiful plant! Needs high light though. All of my Apopogen bulbs made it. 14 in all. They aren't all the same either, some have the wavy leaves and some don't.. My favorite is this big bushy one that is absolutely gorgeous!!! They will sprout almost immediately, and after a couple weeks they will send a flower to the top if the tank.

I LOVE them!

DaisyTattoo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Illinois
Chickieepooh2u said:
I've had GREAT luck with them. (ok, well.... after I figured out my snails were 'mowing' them off)

Only one of the lily bulbs sprouted, but its a beautiful plant! Needs high light though. All of my Apopogen bulbs made it. 14 in all. They aren't all the same either, some have the wavy leaves and some don't.. My favorite is this big bushy one that is absolutely gorgeous!!! They will sprout almost immediately, and after a couple weeks they will send a flower to the top if the tank.

I LOVE them!
Do you have any pics of them? What is your WPG of light?

aquanewb7

AC Members
Sep 16, 2005
Alberta, Canada
I put a couple of these Walmart aponogeton bulbs in my tank. One sprouted and is a really nice young plant right now and routinely sends a flower stalk to the top of the tank, the other bulb did not sprout and I threw it out. I have a few more to try, and I think this thread has inspired me to throw them in the tank to see what happens :)

pitthull

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I've also had great luck with both -- and they don't come with snails!! Seriously, I've had snail problems and find that the snails like the aponogetons and lilies much better than the other plants -- but I've had really good luck with both varieties -- have had a few bulbs that didn't sprout -- but at $2 or $3 per pack, I thought it was worth it! I have used both high light and low light with them -- they do grow 'better' with the high light -- but they do just fine without. I also use DIY CO2 which they seem to like.

danio_rerio_87

AC Members
Jul 25, 2006
Lubbock
I think the bulbs work pretty well. I still have some growing in my 10 gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store