Bulbs at wall-mart?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tetramoon13

AC Members
Jun 14, 2006
Milton, NH
yeah, that's what mine is doing it has a really long stalk in the middle, gotta be at least a foot long. I had to take the other bulbs out...they were developing fungus on the bottom of the bulbs....well, at least I got one plant out of 9 bulbs, including the failed lily bulbs...there are still two more in the tank that have some hope. Even the foliage is growing at amazing speed!

WrittenLyric

Bang Bang Shoot Shoot
Jul 16, 2006
Massachusetts
www.myspace.com
Heh, well, I have five or six super-giant stalks shooting all over the place. They currently have a leaf at the end. I don't know if I'm digging the stalks though, I wanted the tank to be full of leafy plants, not the underside of my cover hehe. I'm going to wait it out see what they do. The leaves closest to the bulb itself are leafy and filling in, then there's those mutant stalks.

WrittenLyric

Bang Bang Shoot Shoot
Jul 16, 2006
Massachusetts
www.myspace.com
Note: Mutant Stalks in the center of the tank. Sorry for the shotty photo, wasn't feeling very photographer like.

Also ignore the unhappy java moss. I'm about to pull it out completely.

1_luv_betta

AC Members
Jul 30, 2006
Oakland,ca
my doesnt even sprout in been a week already it a rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starrystarstarr

AC Members
Jul 17, 2006
South, Texas
WrittenLyric said:
Note: Mutant Stalks in the center of the tank. Sorry for the shotty photo, wasn't feeling very photographer like.

Also ignore the unhappy java moss. I'm about to pull it out completely.
2 of mine have a bunch of stalks growing out of them...and 2 of the plants the end of the stalk has little gren leave sprouting...the rest r just bushy.

gst4life

New 20 gallon!
Aug 5, 2006
Maryland
1_luv_betta said:
my doesnt even sprout in been a week already it a rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down , plants don't grow in a week. If it doesn't grow at all in a month, return it.

kblane

AC Members
Aug 21, 2006
Ur Bulbs

Hey folks!

I ADORE these things. Many, many years ago my mother (not an aquariust or gardner) ran by Wal-mart and filled my sister's tiny goldfish pond with "bulbs."

I scoffed. What did she expect to happen?

A decade or more later and I have yet to start an aquarium without these things!!!! Of course, I love Aponogetan and the Dwarf Lillies. Turns out my green thumb has only limited success in water--both of these being plants I can readily grow and do not readily rot on me!

The key to getting them going (in my experience), especially for folks who can't notice a rotting bulb yet (it takes some experience to spot one), is to put some aquarium water aside in a jar of some sort, throw in a lil' aquarium fertilizer stuff and set them near a sunny window or outside.

Those that spring to life you can immediately deposit in the tank for growing and those that are rotting are not spoiling the tank water and can be politely returned to the company (Sea-Life). They will send you replacement bulbs (sometimes twice as many as you mailed to them) that will take off IMMEDIATELY.

I swear by these things and can't grow much of anything else below the water surface (ok, Java Moss and Duck Weed don't count)! Good luck folks. Try my method out and it'll save ya some headache.

Kevin

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store