Clown loach skinny disease?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Daveunkefer

AC Members
Mar 12, 2013
Murrells Inlet SC
Real Name
Dave Unkefer
Also another reason for the 55g would be I was thinking about deworming maybe most of them if it came down to it?

From researching clown loach skinny disease it seems as though clowns are wild caught, and most carry the worms we speak of. Soo why not rid them all of the possible disease?

Idk, I think we all want the same thing. Some nice fat healthy clowns, and that is the opposite of what I have at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
:) I'm not sure if it is okay to post links to shopping websites here.. kinda forgot, it has been a while since the last time started posting here.. but you can get the dewormer flakes from www.angelsplus.com. Make sure to get the dewormer 3. It contains levamisole, it is something you probably really need while quarantining to get rid of internal worms. Angelplus is where I get my back up emergency medicated flakes just in case a serious fish illness comes up.. The flakes work great, however you have to make sure your fish is accustomed to flake food before trying to feed medication. You can try adding liquid garlic by seachem to the flakes to entice them. And definitely a good idea on planning to deworm feed all of the clown loaches in a 55 gallon quarantine to help them flush out any lying parasites.. Good luck! :) And ahh I see, you two are actually long time buddies and also online buddies. Cool. No wonder he knew where you got your clowns from.

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Oh yeah, as for maracyn and maracyn 2 medications, you can pretty easily get them at any LFS, PetSmart, Petco, or online.

Brian Anderson

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Ohio
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Brian Anderson
^^appreciate the knowledge. Sounds like you learned it first hand. Way to be, fellow fish nerd.

Daveunkefer

AC Members
Mar 12, 2013
Murrells Inlet SC
Real Name
Dave Unkefer
I ordered the deworm-3 just incase, I read that a lot of people deworm their new clowns no matter what they look like.

Do you think the maracyn and maracyn 2 is really necessary??

Daveunkefer

AC Members
Mar 12, 2013
Murrells Inlet SC
Real Name
Dave Unkefer
I appreciate all the help by the way. You've given me every bit of information I was looking for.

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
You're welcome. :) Glad I could be of help. For maracyn and maracyn 2, I think you should dose just half of the regular normal strength and then go with feeding the dewormer flakes. I think it is a good idea to feed them regular flakes for a few days first so they get used to flakes, and then introduce the medicated dewormer flakes soaked with garlic juice for a good 5-10 min and then feed. Loaches I heard are bit on the sensitive side.. so better safe with half dose than sorry.

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Oops, oh yeah, do get Maracyn and Maracyn 2 haha; it is necessary to get rid of possibly other parasites or something else nasty still lingering in or on the loaches besides the worms to be on the safe side. :) Now if everything doesn't go so well... You could try and give the person who sold you the clown loaches a call and complain lol. :) Dave, just a little heads-up advice for you.. I think next time around you should take a few seconds to look and glance at any fish you are going to buy from sellers/stores/shops before you purchase to make sure you aren't going get a sick fish so you don't have to deal with the trouble of getting meds and etc. If you see any fish on sale with any signs of illness like tail-down head-up, ich, fungus, wounds, skinniness, listlessness, behaving oddly, uncolorful and pale, should obviously be avoided. Shame on sellers that don't take proper care of the fish they are selling.. Anyway, I hope everything goes well for ya, Dave!

Daveunkefer

AC Members
Mar 12, 2013
Murrells Inlet SC
Real Name
Dave Unkefer
I actually got the clowns very cheap. So leaving the couple unhealthy ones to be by themselves and probably die wasn't really necessary or an option I was willing to take. Might as well try to save them.

I am in no way disappointed by my purchase. I knew I would be dealing with some sort of problem. Which is exactly the reason I jumped right on AC to see what I could do.

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Well alrighty, I guess you got a good deal on all of them.

Do what you gotta do to get the sick ones back to good health. :) Have a good one moving forward with all the loaches. Cya around AC.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store