CO2 Questions (new setup)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thadius65

AC Members
Jul 30, 2006
Lets try this picture thing one more time:

Whole Tank

Left Side

Middle

Right Side

My Favorite fish - Angelicus Botia (1 of 2)

Noticed a major start of BBA tonight... come on ferts! also awaiting a CO2 reactor.

Thanks,

Ted

fresh_newby

Resident Plant Freakshow
Mar 5, 2006
NYC
you do not want BBA!!!
Get that CO2 crankin..in the meantime dose excel x 3

Looking good Ted. When you get your CO2 hooked up you need more plant mass though. I have some eco for you ...check the other forum thread.

thadius65

AC Members
Jul 30, 2006
CO2 is hooked up, but no reactor.. Hopefully next week. Meantime it is just the rena micro bubbler below my spary bar.

Just for s#*@'s and giggles, see what shipping is from you to 17754 for eco per bag. Let me know $ for bag and $ for shipping.

I found Turface Pro locally, but not sure if I like the lighter color.

Thanks,

Ted

thadius65

AC Members
Jul 30, 2006
Thanks!

Pics 1 and 2 show the BBA starting back up (tips of amazon sword).

fresh_newby

Resident Plant Freakshow
Mar 5, 2006
NYC
Ted I think it would run about 23 a bag shipped....it is close to black.
As for the bba on the swords, when you get this cranking with the reactor, prune the leaves with it on it, then squirt some excel on the plant with a syringe. That will help.

thadius65

AC Members
Jul 30, 2006
Lynn,

Thanks, I will let you know. I tried some things to get Soilmaster and will see what happens.

This BBA is growing fast. I may need to do a blackout prior to getting my reactor....

Ted

reiverix

Aye
Sep 4, 2004
Columbus, OH
BBA can handle blackouts fine and dandy. Just spot treat the infected parts with Excel. I also find it's easier to keep tanks algae free with more plant mass.

Brilliant

Discus
Sep 25, 2006
loaches r cool said:
Brilliant, yeah I kinda realized that later. And that little bit of argument is now a couple weeks old. But if you have to bring it up again...
I dont come here much. Fish come first. My fish just happen to be soft acidic. I think F_N summed it up pretty well.

The tank is going to look very good.I ended up positioning my jungle vals in the back. They spread like crazy and took over the back of the tank. ALso my dwarf sword gobbld up my entire foreground that one grows quickly. I would like to see it again in three months.

fresh_newby

Resident Plant Freakshow
Mar 5, 2006
NYC
reiverix said:
BBA can handle blackouts fine and dandy. Just spot treat the infected parts with Excel. I also find it's easier to keep tanks algae free with more plant mass.
He is right Ted. Blackouts only quell BGA <a bacterium> not BBA. You need to load up a syringe with excel and squrit the hell out of the plants. Use 3x's dose for several days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store