convict/manganes mix fry

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BumbleFish

AC Members
Aug 16, 2003
Visit site
IMO, if you're even a bit sure they are hybrid. Feed em to the parents.

Those fry will NOT grow up to be flowerhorns... Use em as food and they wont be wasted.

If you decide to grow them up, don't bring them to a club auction. You may lose your membership! ;)

Enjoy them, or feed them to somefish who wants live food.

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
That's not what anyone's trying to say. What they are trying to say, that in general, hybrids are unwanted because you don't want to distribute the hybrids to the puplic. That runs the risk of polluting pure genetics out there if one of the hybrids is crossed with a pure and so on until you get fish that look like they are off pure blood but really are not. Then, it becomes impossible for the average person to know whether or not they have a true specie or not.

As long as you keep them to yourself of only give them to people who you know won't distribute them out, then I don't see a problem. I, personally, would only raise one or two out to about an inch and feed the rest if you don't have space for them all

As far as how they look, I have no idea ;).

Pleco_Poop

AC Members
Sep 29, 2004
then explain the parrot fish!!! a store near me has like 100 of these for sale for 99 cants a pop, should i go back there and pour cloxor in there? they look awsome by teh wall

bayoupr

AC Members
Oct 13, 2002
Avondale, La.
Visit site
If people keep buying them, then it's more money for the one selling. Some people put money above the Integrity of the Hobby. My Opinion, Hybrids should be kept off the market. If it happens in your tanks, keep it don't introduce it to someone who will exploit them.

Pleco_Poop

AC Members
Sep 29, 2004
number one im not killing anything, number two i bought them from a store, number three i wish there were no mods so i could go on

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store