deer hunting opinions, att. omega

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
(this won't be open very long...)

My opinion is if you have extra, fresh venison, don't forget me! I want some!

Thanks...

:D

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
I'll give this thread about a day and a Half. Which is more time than I got to hunt this year. Still eating last years leftovers, but It looks like I'll have to resort to buying meat for most of the year.
Dave

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
What was your last post? Give us a clue....
I personally don't care for deer meat, don't send me any. Hunt away as you please...does that help?

Mocular

Novice Expert
Feb 10, 2005
Nebraska
Due to agriculture and changes in the way land is used and managed it is required that the populations of deer be kept in check. Its a problem that many areas have enormous trouble with. In america hunters were the first conservationists they fought long and hard to get land set aside for wildlife and for the protection of endangered species. They take the place of natural predators and sickness in population control. If we didnt control the population it would hit the carrying capacity of the land and they would die in mass numbers of malnutrition and plagues. Due to the urbanization and developement of the country introducing absent species to the chain to control the population is not an option. deer are not the only animals that need to be hunted for the sake of the good of the population rabbits, squirrels, opossums, racoons, ect. all are in need of a population check.

Andrew Yantzie/Mocular Associates in Environmental Studies/Wildlife Biology

xauz

AC Members
Jan 9, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Of course, if you're the Wisconsin DNR...you just introduce predators in to the area and worry about the consequences later. Back about 10-15 years, they started planting timber wolves which is a whole new problem as they are quickly becoming over populated. Then the started planting timber rattlesnakes in residential areas to help control the overwhelming and ever-growing turkey population...neither one makes a bit of sense to me....they should just let us shoot more as it would be a whole lot more effective IMHO.

Sorry to boost your thread Stingray.

Last edited:

reiverix

Aye
Sep 4, 2004
Columbus, OH
If deer were on the endagered species list I'd have a problem with it. But they are not. Far from it so what's the problem. Shoot away. I've never tasted venison either but I would try it.

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
Going from one locked thread to another is not a very good idea if you enjoy being a member around here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store