do fish feel pain

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

do fish feel pain

• yes fish feel pain

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • no they dont feel pain thats stupid

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • emotionaly they do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • phiscaly they do(sorry for wrong spelling)

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Originally posted by Dragon_Lord_Tia
from my last post im saying the discus was feeling emotional pain silpnottin

the facts lead to fish dont feel pain but still its hard not to say they dont

lets rely on our poll thats what i say then its final
Emotions? Thats a different debate, and one youd have an ever harder time proving.

Yes, the facts do show that it is very very unlikely fish feel pain. And what your poll says either way is essentially meaningless. Notice of all you said they believe fish feel pain, only two or three could make their point? Sounds to me like most of the voters are prejudice.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Personally I dont see how deductive reasoning is anything more than a complex reaction to stimuli. If you hit the button food comes out... So the dog hits the button. Thats deductive reasoning and doesnt show anything more than behavioral action.

The opposing argument has to be you dont need to be aware of pain to feel it, and you can feel pain without specialized pain regions of the brain. Neither has any supporting evidence.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
My god already 7 pages talk about a hot topic. OK lets lay this to rest already. People are going to believe what they want to believe. Unless you show them a fish and do the test infront of them to try to prove they cant fish pain then there never going to believe it. I personally feal fish do feal pain others say no. But does it really matter as long as you care for our fish who cares. If you afraid of hurting fish when fishing then dont fish. Me myself love fishing even though Ive only done it twice. Fish is a food source and yes we eat our catch. But yeah if they feal pain or not is up to every one to decide not some scientist who has nothing to do then poke at fish to see if they feal pain. This is all I got to say. oh my Jag said that FISH FEAL PAIN. She said ouch and she grabbed her tail with her fins holding it asking for one of those liquid band aids.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
And my betta said that they didn't. He was feeling especially cocky since GER's Jag is in Cali and couldn't get here very easily. My Cories just sat there and munched on Aponogeton bulbs and my Oto continued to suck.

thom336

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
And all this heppened without me taking part? 7 pages and I havent put my 2 cents in yet? Bloody hell....

Well, to tell the truth I dont know what I can say that hasnt been said.

Hope that was helpful,
Thom.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store