Do you care that your hobby is killing ancient environments

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
", not because they have any respect for the creatures like you and I do."

so buddy you said this^ WERE OBVIOUSLY THE NOT RIGHT PEOPLE TO SPEW YOUR CRAP TOO. GET OUT?! IF WERE ON A WEBSITE DEVOTED TO KEEPING CORALS AND ASKING QUESTIONS ON HOW TO PROPERLY DO IT THEN THE PERCENTAGES OF THE SERIOUS HOBBYISITS ON THIS SITE IS ... BAM 100% WHO WOULD WASTE THEIR TIME ON THE SITE IF THEY WERENT SERIOUS?!?!?!?>?!!

MYname

AC Members
Mar 28, 2010
canada
thousands of years ago our ancesters faced a simular isue
you see our ancesters were hunter gatherers and had to hunt and kill animals in order to survive right.
so one day one of our ancesters came across an animal, it walked on four leggs had hoofs and horns and after doing what hunters do best they decided that it was delicious and they wanted more.
so from then on they made it a point to go after this animal hunting and killing and eating them over and over again.
after a while they found it harder and harder and harder to find the delicious animal untill the point where it was almost impossable to find the things, they were bordering extinction!
then one day one of our ancesters came up with this great idea that we find a few of them and trap them together, feed them and house them untill they make babies.

we still to this day carry out the tradition of our ancesters and feed and home this animal and thus make more of them by something called FARMING and this animal has one of the highest populations of any animal on the planet today.
can you gess what it is?

IT'S THE SHEEP!

my point being that the BEST thing we can do if we want these coral species to survive is to take them out of there natural environment and FARM THEM! exactly what we have been doing up untill this point!
i mean cummon how many corals in aquaria do you think will die because of the big oil spill?
now how manny UNharvested coral do you think will die?

Last edited:

Jstdv8

AC Members
Feb 22, 2010
Acid rain and rising ocean temperture are our fault as well. Both of which contribute to the slow and untimely death of our beloved reefs. I'd ride a bike to work If I didnt have to commute 45 minutes one way. talk about a double edged sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store