Dog I'm Adopting =)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rosita

Here
Jan 11, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
She has a couple of problems I'm noticing, she's toy and slightly food possesive, but my mom thinks she'll get better without it being taken care of the right way :shakehead:
QUOTE]

She's a love!! So beautiful. I'm with my 2nd and 3rd American Staffordshire Bull Terrier/mixes (one, who knows, very bullygirl looking) and the male is with pointer. My first was a Staffie/pointer mix--the best dog I've known in my whole life. They are genetically very similar to Pits, in terms of physique, temperament, and build. Even with a male and female, who came from the same private rescue people, and who knew each other for over a year there before I adopted Rocksy 1.5 yrs ago, I've been very cautious, for she and Buzz have strong temperaments and a) must always always know I'm the alpha dog and b) I never ever ever leave them alone together. Both crated during the day; Buzz at night. She's accepted him, but she's still the princess and would, I know, stand her ground.

I believe that when you have 2 dogs of similar size and temperament, you'll never be able to completely let your guard down, for any growl, or short snap, must be attended to before things accelerate. Aside from that, enjoy, you're a champion to adopt a dog--there's nothing like them! I'll never own anything other than a Staffie (or mix), and all my dogs have been rescues from various places. Soapbox!!! LOL

By the way, trying to break up a fight between large dogs--it's like fights between high school students; don't jump into it unless you're protected or can throw them down, or you'll get hurt. I've scars from both to prove it!!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
rosita said:
She's a love!! So beautiful. I'm with my 2nd and 3rd American Staffordshire Bull Terrier/mixes (one, who knows, very bullygirl looking) and the male is with pointer. My first was a Staffie/pointer mix--the best dog I've known in my whole life. They are genetically very similar to Pits, in terms of physique, temperament, and build. Even with a male and female, who came from the same private rescue people, and who knew each other for over a year there before I adopted Rocksy 1.5 yrs ago, I've been very cautious, for she and Buzz have strong temperaments and a) must always always know I'm the alpha dog and b) I never ever ever leave them alone together. Both crated during the day; Buzz at night. She's accepted him, but she's still the princess and would, I know, stand her ground.

I believe that when you have 2 dogs of similar size and temperament, you'll never be able to completely let your guard down, for any growl, or short snap, must be attended to before things accelerate. Aside from that, enjoy, you're a champion to adopt a dog--there's nothing like them! I'll never own anything other than a Staffie (or mix), and all my dogs have been rescues from various places. Soapbox!!! LOL

By the way, trying to break up a fight between large dogs--it's like fights between high school students; don't jump into it unless you're protected or can throw them down, or you'll get hurt. I've scars from both to prove it!!
They sounds like nice dogs.. any pics?
Love the bullies :p:

Aww.. thanks =)

Yeah, I shouldn't have gotten in it :rolleyes:

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk
wow i must be quite lucky,had my rescue ***** for 41/2 years ,last summer i got another and i have no problems with them at all they lay and sleep together and are great friends,i leave them alone together too with no problems

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
I guess it's all up to their personality.. my shepherd is probably jealous, and doesn't feel good.
She also attacked the fence like a bear last night while my mom was talking with someone who had her dog.. they've done this before but my Shepherd would just lay down and 'woof' every few minutes.

Tink is doing good this morning, she's obviously decided that this is better than the pound ;)

My small dog is still iffy about her, and nipped at her this morning, but Tink just jumps back and leaves her alone.

And I don't think Tink ever gets full... but that's a good thing, she needs to gain some weight, she's too skinny IMO :rolleyes:

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Hopefully things get a little better and easier each day! She is adorable!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Everyone has calmed down a little, well, the cat still runs off to his room when he sees TInk :rolleyes:

Our shepherd has actually stopped trying to attack her, and it looks like she might want to play, but still isn't sure about Tink.

I'd say in another week or 2 everyone will be alot more friendly.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Tink is doing better, but she is dominating my shepherd... not hurting her though, just standing over her, but then they start playing, they're not left alone.
Our schnauzer nips her whenever nobody is looking(we know because he snarls and Tink comes running with her tail between her legs... vicious pit bull lol) and our dominant dog, Sparkles, doesn't like her, but is getting better and hasn't bitten her, but she gets between her and our other dogs and snaps at everyone if they're getting to rough.

And Tink is getting her stitches out tomorrow.. I have no clue how they are going to do it.. she's one big wiggle.

Tink is also very protective of us(my neice esp.), and if there is a strange dog or person around she leans against us and stares at them, or if it's our yard she barks(she has a bark that would fit a mastiff!) while sitting on our feet.

She's hand shy, she's scared of paper, my dad's guitar(she almost broke our door when he started playing it trying to get away), the digi camera, and anything noisey.

I get so mad thinking that someone could hit her, and to think she was a baby when she was getting hit, because the owners had her since she was 1-2 months old, and gave her up when she was 9 months old.

Aug 25, 2007
in front of my computer
She's a cutie! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store