Elephant nose intelligence

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
so your saying, if a bird learns that something is bad, it will pass it down to its young as instinct?

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
and not all animals need communication to reproduce...

many animals can reproduce asexually, and many others are hermaphrodites.

Ronne

IAMCANADIAN
Nov 27, 2002
48.25'00"N, 123.22'00"S
Visit site
so your saying, if a bird learns that something is bad, it will pass it down to its young as instinct?
A trait does not become instictive from one generation to the next, that's the beauty of species evolution. And if the individual learns something that is extraordinaril bad, chances are it will not survive to pass on its genes to offspring anyways!

By the way, this is a great thread! Genetics and animal behaviour is a very interesting read if you have spare time.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
too bad you cant delete your own thread, huh?

we are discussing intelligence in creatures... and most or all of this applies to your "elephant nose"

Youve taken this off topic thus far.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Originally posted by Ronne

A trait does not become instictive from one generation to the next, that's the beauty of species evolution. And if the individual learns something that is extraordinaril bad, chances are it will not survive to pass on its genes to offspring anyways!

By the way, this is a great thread! Genetics and animal behaviour is a very interesting read if you have spare time.
alright... :D

I think when we humans figure out how or if evolution works we will find out most of these answers. No one really knows how instincts are created and "altered"

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
I been looking but I cant find any info from a SCIENTIFIC source. ALOT of "urban legends and myth pages" but not from a trusted source. I been taught in school and watched Documentaries that states that we use 20 percent of our brains.

BUT LETS GET BACK TO THE ELEPHANT NOSE!!!!

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
I just called my dad, who is a Doctor in Pathology, and he stated that we do NOT use 100 percent of our brains. He was unsure the percentage...

Ronne

IAMCANADIAN
Nov 27, 2002
48.25'00"N, 123.22'00"S
Visit site
I think when we humans figure out how or if evolution works we will find out most of these answers. No one really knows how instincts are created and "altered"
I agree 100%. Humans are just babies on the evolutionary scale of things. Hard to believe that our little fishies are looking at us with all those years of instincts or knowledge or learned behaviour or whatever it is that we decided they have!!

Slip- you should try and get this thread published, I think we're going places! ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store