Female Betta Needs Help :'(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kay Russell

Registered Member
Oct 1, 2021
Ive had Uma for almost 3 weeks now and shes never behaved like this. Shes been sitting at the waterline for roughly 6 hours now and shes starting to swell a tiny bit. She has a egg spot hanging out of her bootie so i know she producing eggs soon but is shes supposed to be swimming normally? Is there anything i can do to help my poor baby ??

16330689604526197501241386416845.jpg

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
If she is having some buoyancy problems, you can fast her for a couple days, then feed some frozen daphnia. It would also be helpful to give her an epsom salt dip bath. Epsom salt will relieve the swelling and help clear out her bowels as well in case it is a constipation issue.

Add 1 tablespoon Epsom per 5 gallons for a bath dip. Keep her in for about 15-20 minutes 2 times a day.

Can get Epsom salt at most pharmacies or general stores like Walmart. Plain undyed and unscented is a must.

Not aquarium salt or table salt, it's Epsom you want for bloating and swim bladder problems.

Do you know what your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings are at? That can help a lot.

Is she pooping?

Whats her diet, tank temperature, and how often do you do water changes?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store