fish bad Luck Myth

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SCU33ZE

Toilet Power
Mar 23, 2005
South Miami
My mom keeps telling me fish are bad luck salt and fresh.
Is this true or have you ever heard of this?
Any "convincing" answers are very helpful!

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
Ask the chinese if fish are bad luck. They buy ridiculously expensive fish to bring them good luck and fortune(Arowana's).

Ashes

AC Members
Apr 19, 2001
Northern NY
From a feng shui (the very kings and queens of luck!) point of view, fish and water features in general are extremely lucky.

WinterWind

Mad pianist
Feb 11, 2005
I never heard of fish being bad luck!

In East Asian cultures, koi and goldfish and water are luck and fortune symbols. I don't know why your mom would equate fish with bad luck. It is the opposite!

But more practically, I don't think things can bring you bad luck. Only if you hate water changes and remembering to feed the fish, but I don't think that is really bad luck.

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
No, Scu..your mother is absolutely right...nothing good can come from owning fish. You spend too much, its a lot of work, and then they die. Plus, its a well known fact that that guys that have fish date a lot less..so please, Scu..do yourself a favor...get rid of your fish...run from your local fish store..don't look back! You will be far luckier! ;)

Debra Mark

Wench Boots!
Sep 29, 2004
Canada
Real Name
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.....
Don't believe him JA....fish geeks are sexy....;)

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
Debra Mark said:
Don't believe him JA....fish geeks are sexy....;)
Why, thank you Deb! :sim:

SCU33ZE

Toilet Power
Mar 23, 2005
South Miami
no bad luck then....
YAY now i just gotta convince mom.... :idea2:

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
Goodluck , I don't like your chances though. :soda: Maybe if you get fish, they might bring you bad luck, especialy from your mum. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store