fish bad Luck Myth

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SCU33ZE

Toilet Power
Mar 23, 2005
South Miami
my mom is from Ecuador in south america.
Spanish (spain) desendants.
hth

f8ldzz

AC Members
Feb 26, 2005
Honolulu, Hawaii USA
Go look on AquaBid http://www.aquabid.com/
Look in the arowana and flowerhorn sections...
****!
I'm raising the wrong fish! :)

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
The secret is to make sure any girl you're with gets more attention from you first....the fish come second. Guys that spend more time or interest with their fish kind of creep them out a bit.
:D

CajunCC

I take pictures
Sep 10, 2004
Harrisburg, PA
www.photobizarre.com
I realize that. But see, I'm not even getting that far. They just have a 6th sense I think. "Oh i can just tell he's a fish guy, I'm not even gonna bother acknowledging his presence." LOL

Watcher74

Senior N00b
Feb 5, 2004
Texas
Visit site
Fish Symbolizes: Fertility, luck
The fish symbol has strong links with the Christian tradition, where it features in numerous guises, as well as being universally recognised by cultures throughout the world. For Christians, a fish is perhaps most famous as being the earliest known symbol of Christ.
Fish in Chinese sounds like the word for "Abundance and Affluence" so the fish symbolizes wealth.
An amulet shaped like a pair of fish and made of gold or mother-of-pearl will increase fertility and virility, bring prosperity, and offer you protection from people who might hate you or have evil intentions. For persons born under the astrological sign of Pisces, the fish is an especially powerful good luck amulet.
Several religions have used the fish to symbolize life, spiritual change and motion: Fish were considered sacred to the Greeks and Romans. The first Christians represented trinity by three fishes. The icthus is used today as a symbol for christian community. Fish is also one of the eight sacred symbols of the Buddha. Throughout history fish have been associated with religion and worship.
Uhm...I can't find anywhere about fish being anything but good things. :huh:

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
Here is some more fish superstitions.

"Throw back the first fish you catch then you'll be lucky the whole day fishing."

"It's bad luck to get married when the fish aren't biting, according to the custom of some fisherfolk."

"A fish should always be eaten from the head toward the tail."

"Dream of fish: someone you know is pregnant."

"If you count the number of fish you caught, you will catch no more that day."

"It's bad luck to say the word "pig" while fishing at sea."

"Burning fish bones - unlucky"

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

Ripples

Mad fish lady
Feb 14, 2005
London UK
I've got a sure fire way of getting your mum to give in - ask her for a dog/rabbit/python/lizard/guinea pig/rats/mice/hamster.. then "compromise" on a fish tank because they need less looking after. It's a complete lie - but I bet she falls for it!!
R

lonetrout

AC Members
Dec 14, 2004
Columbia, MO.
Italian Superstition

It is an old Italian superstition that fish as pets bring bad luck, even death to the family in which the fish are housed.
I had a friend growing up whose father was very ill, bought a fish tank and set it up. His dad was from the old country and was very adamant(sp?) that death was imminent. Less than 2 weeks later he was dead. Was it the fish? Did the fish push him over the edge? We will never know.
*L*T*

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store