~~*FiSh NaMeS*~~

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vkesu

AC Members
Jul 1, 2005
fish names.....

I have two saltwater fish that go by ....nervous Nellie and ShyAnn.

Stefanie

AC Members
Jan 12, 2005
Maryland
My dwarf puffers are named; one is Baby (she was the runt), one is Blue (beautiful blue in her spots), one is Bliss (had to stay with B...), one is Bully (she is a Bully), and the most recent addition is Hope (she was so skinny I thought she would not make it, but is nice and fat now).
My Betta (no, not in the same tank) is named Peachy, because he has a peach colored head.
My other fish do not have names. I named my two nerite snails Poky and Loki, and my two trumpet snails Donald and Baby Donald.

Ramirezi

Punish the Deed not the Breed
Apr 26, 2005
Florida
Blade and Trinity one of my Krib pairs: I named them after the last movie I saw "Blade: Trinity". I thought it just sounded cool, and Blade is long and quick like a sword blade. and Trinity just seemed the perfect name for my beautiful female.

Killer and Squirt my other pair of Kribs: Killer is just that. he's eaten danios and cherry barbs. he's left the cories, clown pleco and black neons alone. i cant put any other fish in with him that i value because who knows it may become Killer's lunch. Squirt is the female, she's really small, only about an inch and a half and likes to spit out her food a few times before she eats it. so i call her Squirt.

Calico and Spot: calico is a calico ryukin. and Spot is an orange ryukin with white spots on his tail.

Thai is my betta that i've had for awhile. i got him from a friend who was from Thailand so i named him Thai.

and i also have a rule of not naming my fish until i have them for at least two weeks. every fish i buy from my lfs is guaranteed for 2 weeks, i figure if they make it 2 weeks than they'll be fine.

FishFreak101

AC Members
Jul 1, 2005
I have 1 oscar 1 black tipped columbian shark and 2 black skirt tetras. there names are:

oscar-Oscar

black tipped columbian shark-whiskers

black skirt tetras-Larry and Mo

Last edited:

f8ldzz

AC Members
Feb 26, 2005
Honolulu, Hawaii USA
Betta -> Flare
Cuckatoo cichlid -> Neon
Gold Ballon Ram -> Jelly
gf names all the fish. :)

mesatadpole

I have an abundance of guinea pigs
Jul 2, 2005
Illinois
fish names

my two oscars are oscy humberto(albino) and max
my two pacus are stephen and stephen
and my goldfish.. the comet is digiorno, the calico fantail is big show
the orange fantail is brontasaurus, and my two koi are butters and cream

BabelFish42

AC Members
Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I've named most of my fish after characters from some movies, and beer:

Peppered Cory-Sapporo, Albino Cory-Corona, Panda Cory-Pacifio
Dalmation Molly(female & the dominant fish of the tank)-Woo,
orange Molly-Maude Lebowski
Tiger Barb-Jackie Treehorn
Dwarf tiger Barb-Jackie, Jr, dwarf albino tiger barb-Cady
Blood fin Sword-Donnie, red tux sword-the dude
Dwarf gourami-Gunther, blue neon Gourami-Walter Sopcheck
small barb with orange stripe-Bunny Lebowski, barb w/pink stripe-pantyhoser
The Ottos(2) because i can't tell the difference
Ghost Shrimp-Forrest Gump
and then the Glowlights and the white clouds who all hang together

StacieA

AC Members
Jul 10, 2005
Washington, DC
I love all the names!

Here's mine...

Clown loaches: Ally McBeal because she was really thin when I aquired her. Fish (as in Richard) and Cage (as in John) just to keep with the theme.

Upside-down cats: Waldo (where is...) because I can never find him. Carmen San Diego (just keeping with a theme again) and Scaredy Cat (because he/she hides more than Waldo!)

Zebra danios: Dolly, Holly, Molly, Polly and Wally. The aren't really asigned to individuals and if(when) I lose one it'll be replaced to keep the names current.

Long finned blue danios: Mikhail (as in Baryshnikov), Anna (Pavlova) and Yvonne (Chouteau) because their tails look very graceful and pretty when they swim (and I needed a theme!)

Bettas: Billy because he sits on my desk at work and has been designated office Billing department mascot. And Frank (at home) just because he has one of those faces that just looks like a Frank.

That's all I've got for now until I buy my new tank :)

icka

AC Members
Jun 16, 2005
Indiana
the only fish my bf has ever named is our large plecostomas--Pete--he is by far our fave fish, the betta takes a VERY close second... i didnt name the betta because i did not think he would live, but he has and i have been calling him baby betta.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store