~~*FiSh NaMeS*~~

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

arizwldcat

AC Members
Feb 11, 2005
Ogden, UT
My kids name all of the fish since it's technically their tank. The Zebra danios are usually named after prisoners/prison...like Alcatraz, Capone, Baby Face, Dillinger...The black and white mollies have names like Pepper, Speckles, Dotty...The swordtail is Captain Jack Sparrow. PRobably because they love Pirate of the Carribbean. Our otos are Thing 1, Thing 2...2 Bleeding heart tetras were Romeo and Juliet. Unfortunately they died when we had the big ICH epidemic...and the girls have since found out that they were probably Romeo and Julio...LOL...We have a black and orange Platy that they call Bengal. (My husband's from Ohio).

Genji

Love my fishies
May 1, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
I have insomnia at times and one night I was up around 2:30 a.m. reading the Spanish dictionary with a flashlight. My husband woke up and asked what the heck I was doing. I simply said I was looking up words to name one of my new Gouramis. He just shook his head and went back to sleep. I'm a nut I guess. hahaha

By the way, I named her "Mancha" which is Spanish for Spot. hehe

Genji

Love my fishies
May 1, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Hey Arizwldcat! Did you by any chance go to the University of Arizona?
GO WILDCATS!!
I also love you fish names!
Genji

KJTVH

Registered Member
Oct 4, 2005
We have two bettas: bright red is Capt'n Jack (as in Jack Sparrow) and the blue is Pirate, although my daughter feels he needs a 'second' name and has taken to calling him 'Pirate Pete'. Worried about Pirate, he seems pretty lethargic and no appetite these days.

branflake12

yeah, thats right-purple ROPE
Sep 20, 2005
Iowa City
Pair of african cichlids (recently returned to LFS for some Gouramis, tank was too small)

1 Blue peacock with big stripes
1 electric yellow

Bonnie & Clyde (was told clyde was a convict when i bought him, but he was in the assorted affrican tank...oh well) still good names.

My girlfriend name a rather plump dalmation lyratail molly "preggo" for about 6 months as she thought she was certainly pregnant.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store