fish that shoudn't be sold

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bortsamson

Resident Cat herder
Aug 6, 2003
Abbotsford, BC. Canada Eh?
Visit site
heh, ida know, I was just judging that it seemed every post by him was making either an excuse or an arguement, but hey, if you have anything for me to be on, hand some over, lol

QCppg

Carp for brains!
May 4, 2004
Visit site
My only point is that I am fast tiring of people telling me that I can't keep the only two fish I really want to keep (Angelfish and goldfish). Other than my dad's pleco and the newts I can get rid of the rest if I have to.

Shekoi

Trying to start up again
you can keep angels and goldies if you really want to, we are all just advising that

1. goldies are dirty fish which need good filtration and lots of room around 30 gallons each minimum i'd say.

2. angelfish can be very aggressive while breeding and when older, and again need a tall tank with the minimun of 15 gallons each.

3. a common pl*co needs a 100+ gallon tank to be happy.

sorry if i've or anyone else has upset you or p****d you off, all we are trying to do is help.

sorry bortsamson i've got nowt unless your into dried bloodworm!! :D

i think this tread has gone mad, the last 30 odd post have been nothing to do with fish that shouldn't be sold.:sad ha thats life.

Last edited:

QCppg

Carp for brains!
May 4, 2004
Visit site
Okay, about filters... I just installed my homemade bio-filter. Taking that into consideration how much filter beyond that is nessasary? Whisper is the locally available brand. Do I need the model marked 30-60 gallons ($35) or would a pair of the 10-15 gallon models be sufficient ($23 total)?

stephenray75

AC Members
Mar 9, 2004
Texas
Visit site
QCppg
I do what i want. I keep two oscars in a 20 long for over a year and never had problems. I finaly sold then once i decided (or my girlfriend did) to go FW eels. As far as salamanders go my Zoology teach has 3 and she has keep them in one of those mini tanks (5 gallon or smaller) for over 7 years. Thats a long time! i have keep some for a few month but they all ways end up on my fishin hook and hopefully in a big fishes mouth. I also keep 2 of those puffy cheek goldfish in a 10 gallon for 2 yrs. Oh and i have a SW shark in a 100 gallon before it went carpet surfing.
I say do as you please! We cant satisfy every one.

stephen

bortsamson

Resident Cat herder
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
well, theres alot of fish I would like to keep
but I also want a new car
and a house
and money
and and and
But PATIENCE!!!
If you really want angels and those other fish, WAIT
No one is saying that you cant eventually have those kinds of fish, but right now you just dont have the resources for it
You are hurting the fish my friend, think of it this way
You have been living in a massive house all your life so far, and then someone comes along and sticks you in a box, barely bigger then you
would YOU be comfy?

bortsamson

Resident Cat herder
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
with regards to your filter question
I have two filters rated for a tank smaller then mind, and they work great
essentially you WOULD be doubling the capacity....but its spread across the tank.....ida know, endless argument there
works fine for me

QCppg

Carp for brains!
May 4, 2004
Visit site
Seriously, are the two smaller filters sufficient? I need to know within a half hour (I have an ATM card and can cheat despite the fact that I didn't want to withdraw the money). Either way I plan on using the (mature) sleeve from the Whisper on my 18-gallon (cleaned with a Whisper 10-15 gallon and an Aquaclear 150) and it'll be partially cycled right then and there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store