Frosty's 10 Gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
:jaw-dropping: that is unbelieveable!

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
It looks great, and is going to grow in nicely... but if you wanted to improve it visually, I think you could try a few things... paint the back, double or triple the number of branches coming from that central spot, maybe switch one of the rocks for a taller rock, hide/get a smaller powerhead, get a fancier co2 indicator, replace the guppies with even smaller fish...

possibilities are endless with these things. lol.
the plants are looking great. why change it at all?

FrostyNYC

AC Members
May 27, 2008
Queens & LI, NYC
Thanks for the suggestions, Mellow. I appreciate them. The back actually is painted with a high-gloss black paint. There's quite a bit of reflection in the photos, so it looks like you're seeing through the tank, but you're actually seeing what's across from the tank.

I agree with you about the branches. I have a box full of manzanita I'm not using, so I'll look for another good piece and stick it in there. Regarding the rocks, I think I'm going to stick with what's there (for now at least), but I'm going to keep my eyes open for good rock pieces at LFS's. Those are actually zebra rock, but I chose pieces with as little striation as possible. In a perfect world, Id be able to shell out $75 for ADA seiryu stone...

I agree about the hardware. I want a glass co2 indicator, and my grand plan is to swap out the reactor/powerhead and use a canister filter to distribute CO2. That would also eliminate the ugly HOB intake.

The guppies are endlers, and they're my babies. I'm only really interested in fish that I can breed. I'm considering putting scarlet badis, peacock gudgeons, or a dwarf gouramie in here (like sparkling or licorice gouramies). I'm not sure yet.

LuciferSam

AC Members
Jun 4, 2009
lookin good

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store