Goldfish laid eggs - with photos, etc.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

amyjod2

AC Members
Feb 14, 2008
This is an awesome thread. Thanks so much for posting the pics and keeping use updated on the progress.

Amy

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
that one looks just like an otto!

hehehe, just kidding. I love coming back here when I see you've posted FS, just so I could see if there are new pictures!! I love them!

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
hey everyone! not much news on the baby front, except that all the babies are doing great! i've had no fatalities since i last posted, and they're growing like weeds. there are still tiny fry that haven't grown much since their one month birthday, and the largest fry are almost twice their size now! so i'm considering dividing the tank between little fry and big fry so they don't have to compete for food. the baby snails are now big enough to go to new homes, so they should be going out to local tanks within the next week.

as far as the fry's parents, the 60 gallon is now officially too small for its inhabitants. they're still comfortable, but i'm not too excited about having to do a major water change once a week and vacuum the gravel all the time. so i'm looking at 100 gallons right now. we'll see.

anyway, that's the news for now!

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
why, yes! i just shot a few photos, so here you are!

i did lose another baby yesterday. so we're down to 11 babies. they're at that awkward stage right now where their flawed features are really obvious. i have quite a few babies with floppy fins like their daddy Napoleon, and almost half the babies have a slight curve to their spine. however, they're all healthy and very active.

in the big tank, everyone's been spawning like mad and consequently i have quite a few scrapes, bruises and gouges to keep an eye on. goldfish like it rough! jeez... :grinyes:

i'm thinking about heading down to the atafish.com warehouse soon to grab a new 120 gallon glass tank for $199. it's time to upgrade the big tank. i've read quite a few bad reviews of atafish, but it sounds like if you know what you're looking for, you do your homework, and print out the website prices, you can get a great deal. we'll see.

these are clickables, and they're not gigantic in full size, so fear not, dial-up users. click away. :)

one of the baby snails. these snails are only a few days older than the baby fish.

i think this is one of the prettiest babies. very distinctive markings, and a lovely caramel color.

making faces in the mirror.

this little one has a little kink in the top half of his tail, and you can see the slightly too-straight spine. he's actually one of the largest fry, though.

and the tank. i made a new hood with CF lights for the tank that's been working fabulously so far, though it does generate a LOT of heat. i may need to add a fan to the hood.
there's a mini-ruler at the bottom of this photo, to give you some frame of ref. it's a 10 gallon tank.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Aww.. :perv:
The caramel baby is the cutest out of the bunch though.

Very nice brigs too ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store