Have you used sculpey or another pvc clay?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I'm not sure for others, but expanding foam can be tricky to get it exactly the way you want. Plus, they don't sell fish safe great stuff in my area.....

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
photo-10.JPG

so here's a quick shot of the baked sculpee III wall. This I made by rolling out sheets of brown and black mixed clay, and pinching the sheets into shape. I left it out over night to firm up near the AC, and then used my fingers to smooth it all out this morning. Then, in the oven at 275º for 45 minutes, and another half hour or so to cool, and it's very firm but still flexible, like an action figure or something. The surface is almost as porous as terra cotta, but is more smooth.

Behind the wall I have a little false bottom, to house the filter and support whatever rock becomes the water return area. the rest will be trimmed off and then it will be filled with gravel and planted.

photo-10.JPG

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I love the way that looks!! Is the clay very easy to get in that shape or did you have difficulty?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store